Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Numb again

Hey . Thanks for checking in. I did not get to crash as I had hoped . I worked from 6 this morning untill 9 tonight . Let's see what happens tonight. How are you
Itoqih
Casual Contributor

Hi @Pollyotter I hope you don't mind me popping up out of the blue. I just wanted to message you cause I have been what you've been going through. I've actually been sl*t shamed by a psychiatrist. I was sexually abused for as a child and in my teens. And when I moved for uni I was assaulted again. I also have been treated horribly by community mental health. I am really sorry what you're going through. I used to have sever insomnia until I was put on an anti psychotic which basically was a heavy sedative. I went from not sleeping for 4-5 days at a time to sleeping 12 hours  day everyday. Please feel free to reply if you want to talk.

Hello. I am sorry you had gone through all of it as well. I managed to crash last night / this morning . I feel hungover but atleast I got sleep in. I would love to be able to sleep for 12 hours at a time .

Hello

Hey @Pollyotter How are you tonight?

I just saw your hello by chance and not actually sure who you are talking to Hon - it really helps if you tag the person you are talking to - that way they get a notification and can respond. To do that type in an @ then start typing in the name - a dropbox will then allow you to click on the name of the person you are posting to - that also means your post will not be missed. I generally only respond to notifications I am tagged in and would hate to miss one from you.

@Zoe7 . Hey yhe I am feeling abit better. My body is getting back to feeling better. Last night I think I had like 3 hours of sleep ? But it's better then nothing.

How are you

I'm sorry . I am still getting used to this . I am not every comfortable with the format

Zoe7 are you here

Hey @Pollyotter I can see you haven't gotten the knack of how to tag yet Hon but I have been keeping an eye out for you tonight - so saw your message.

I will go through how to tag again so I don't miss any messages from you in the future.

Start by typing in the @ symbol - then begin typing my name ie. @Zoe7 a dropbox will show my name and you click on that. The name should then turn green to show you have tagged me. It does take a little getting used to but once you have mastered it it becomes easier.

Now to the important thing - how are you?

@Zoe7
No drop box appears.

I'm doing ok-ish my brain is pulling tricks on me tonight.

I really think I am loosing my mind at this point
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania