Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers under 30...

Thank you @Faith-and-Hope ill have a look at the link too.
It is troubling me and ive kept it very quiet even from here because i though i could maybe work through it even tried ignoring it in hopes it would go away but it is worse now and affecting me more. there is alot of that control and embarrassment along with lots of other emotions mixed in there so its been hard to even talk here. sometimes i dont know if its my other mh issues causing it or if its something more but like you said its worth asking some questions about what is happening. It gets quite scary sometimes esp since i dont know how to control it.
thank you F&H ill start by having a look and maybe i might be ok to talk to my gp or nurse the next i see them which is in 2 weeks

it is making going to the exercise physiologist quite difficult because it requires me talking about food sometimes and i struggle alot with that esp eating habits and things

Be as brave and honest as you can @outlander , because if it is an eating disorder, they do progressively get worse.  That’s part of their nature, and they can be linked to other mh issues ..... so whether it is an ed, or some form of disordered eating / uncomfortable relationship with food, dealing with this can have the flow-on affect of helping with other issues in the process.

Hugs ❣️  Take the baby steps that get you there .....

Thank you @Faith-and-Hope means alot, like a whole heap, to me that youve listened and gave me some advice. I hope its ok that i asked you, i wasnt to sure who to ask even though i know ive got a whole forum here. reading and walking along with your story helped me to reach out for some help esp having to recognise this is a problem for myself. have to try and dig out some brave from somewhere...

sometimes it just feels like its a never ending thing with me, one thing after the other. i dont like it being this way, but this might be another step forward in getting better.... maybe...

That’s right @outlander.  Like we keep house, feed ourselves, exercise here and there, food shop, garden, etc, it all comes together a little at a time.  Recovery is like that ..... gaining support, learning new things and new ways, practicing skills until we get better at them, which includes thinking skills .....

Keep swimming Hon, and float a bit when you get tired ..... 🐠🐟🐋🐬🦀🦐🐙🐠

thank you so much @Faith-and-Hope
❤❤🐬🐬

thank you also @Shaz51 i seen your supportive likes Heart

000.jpgfor you @Faith-and-Hope 

Thanks @outlander.  They’re beautiful.

Youre a seeetheart ❣️

@Faith-and-Hope Heart
as are you xo
Are you going ok tonight?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania