Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers under 30...

Yeah @outlander , but fading.  Think I need to try to sleep now, so I will say goodnight.

Taje care Hon.

goodnight @Faith-and-Hope
Heart Heart
Former-Member
Not applicable

How are you going @outlander ?

hello @Former-Member
im going ok tonight after some really tough days. ive made it a productive day though but mightve over done it abit with my hip.

how are you going? how was your chilled day? not sure if you can see the pic i shared with you but i hope you like it. its pretty cute
Former-Member
Not applicable

I do hope your hip does not cause you grief @outlander 

Went out for a light lunch, walked the dog when we got home and then had a siesta. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

PS pic not through yet

think its jsut cause ive been tossing and turning so have pulled my hip flexors again and stirred up my sciatica from my hip being out of alignment @Former-Member it should be alright in a few days, if not ill got to my chiro and get them to readjust it and itll be ok again.

sounds like a nice day for you. do you have much planned for tomorrow? @Former-Member
Former-Member
Not applicable

Are there any strengthening exercises you can do @outlander ?

Usual Sunday routine  for us, how about you?

its not usually to bad @Former-Member thinking about it is been about a year since my last treatment for my hips. they have sore days wear i pull those muslces but doesnt usually last more than a few days.
i do have some stretches but im thinking about giving tai chi ago or maybe yoga to help both mental and physical wellbeing.
do you do any of those?

ive got my sisters in the afternoon but ive got a few hrs in the morning where im volunteering. ill have to ask to be put on light duties for tomorrow as a few hrs of walking wont be good atm.
Former-Member
Not applicable

The only regular exercise I do is walk the dog @outlander , can feel a bit stiff and sore if I put in a decent gardening session. Have never tried Tai Chi, yoga was not my thing.  In my youth I did GP to aerobics, gym and had a home exercise bike that I did use regularly.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania