Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Significant life changes for young adults // 19 Sep, 7pm AEST

I promise you @Shakeelah25 we've all been there. Good on you for trying but please don't give yourself a hard time for the confusion.

I double promise you, we all know that space very well.

Re: Topic Tuesday // Significant life changes for young adults // 19 Sep, 7pm AEST

Wow, that is actually super helpful for me, thanks! Is there a reason why I have these feelings the most in the morning when I wake up? I think its so weird of me

Are you talking about masterbation @Ngaio-ROP when you say 'get to know you in that arena'?

And good on you for saying no @Shakeelah25

Sorry that was really out there!

Also, is the purpose of developing a libido to make us feel good, as in pleasure?

lol right! @outlanderEven though I told him I didn't want to go there, he still asked. #nothisgirldude 😉

Not at all out there @outlander

yes, masturbation is a part of it. But just one part. It really is about getting to know yourself in all aspects. 

The best thing about getting older is we can start really learning who we are. Not just about sex but about joy and pleasure.

Like, how do I like to be touched, but also, how do I like to be treated?

What do I consent to? What 'turns me off' about a person in general? Like I spoke to a friend today and she's feeling yuck towards her partner because he wants to vote No on the plebiscite.

So it's finding out ALL the things about who you are before you ask someone in.

Haha boys hey @shakleelah25 😉

@Shakeelah25 above msg

@outlander yup, now discovering them hehehe
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania