Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Christmas/New Year

Aw, @Hope0011 

What beautiful words about family. I feel the same. Growing up I often felt abandoned by my mum. Not literally (she was always around) but emotionally. Friends are the ones who have kept me feeling good over the years.

I really hope your breakfast with your daughters goes well and am glad you have some time with a friend later on. While I'll be spending the day with my family, I'll definitely be thinking of all our members here who might be challenged on the day. 

Sending warmest wishes

Hanami ❤️

The positive that has come out of this year is how much I have grown as a person and how much strength I have. But I am looking forward to putting this year behind me and I know 2023 will be my year. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Captain24 ❤️ 

Hey @Captain24 

You really have come so far! I'm so happy that you can see that. Did you go to the village on the weekend for lunch with Pixie?

2023 WILL be your year, yes!

❤️

Hey @MDT 

Thank you so much. I hope you have something good planned for the weeks ahead.

Warmest wishes

Hanami

Hi @hanami 

No I didn’t. I spent most of my weekend in bed. Pixie enjoyed it though because I let her be on the bed with me.

Roll on 2023! 

Naw @Captain24 that's ok. Plans are made to be broken, I often do that. 

I can imagine Pixie LOVED it!

❤️

It may of already been posted somewhere, but what period will the help centre be closed? 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @hanami. I too was a bit down on Christmas which I am spending alone but in a lovely location. 🏠 And pet Sitting.

A friend of mine pointed out that I am special by no means and to go to the beach and talk to others in similar circumstances. At worst hang out with the seagulls.

Hey @Dimity that sounds like a very healthy and timely thing to do. I think I am going to copy you!

Maybe we could start a discussion on lessons learnt and goals met in 2022?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania