Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Winter solstice

Thanks for caring @NatureLover .

I hope you're doing OK.

I'm not sure if or when I'll be back.

Thanks for popping in to let me know, @Dimity . I miss you and hope you're OK. Best wishes for your future if you decide not to come back. ❤️

Hello @NatureLover . I hope you're keeping 

well. I've been struggling but need to find a way forward. It's a bit scary. 

I heard a stand-up comedian say there's no point looking for the light at the end of the tunnel, you have to stomp down and turn the fecking thing on yourself. Fair enough, but I don't know where to find the switch. I guess I'll have to keep trying.

I listened to a guided Metta meditation yesterday. May you be well. May you be happy. May you be peaceful. May you be loved.

It's so great to see you, you've made my day @Dimity !

I'm sorry though that you've been struggling and are in a scary place 😢

I'm concerned you don't have enough support. 

I like what that comedian said, although it's very scary to tromp down a pitch black tunnel and try to find the light switch 😣 I wish you had hands to hold along the way, and I'm happy to be one if possible. Or even just to keep you in calling distance if that's what you prefer.

Sending hugs 🫂

Thanks @NatureLover . That means a lot.

@Appleblossom  Look who's back! 🙂

The nights are getting colder and darker @NatureLover . I just looked at light boxes online but there are caveats for people with eye conditions or bipolar so I should probably get back to trying to wake earlier.

I've given up on my back exercises for now which is probably why my back's worse. 

None of the available helpers seems a good fit but I'll give it a few more days in case someone else expresses interest.

Good luck with whatever you're doing tomorrow. 

Hi @Dimity , I'm sorry to hear about your back and that no helpers seem a good fit at the moment 😢

I expect there are caveats for the light box as you mentioned...that's a shame. However a light box that meets the recommendations - not just a little one that sits on your desk - are expensive, so you've saved youself money. 

I agree that the nights are seeming long and dark since the clocks changed, and we 're only in April!

Sending you good wishes for all those aspects fo your life which seem difficult ❤️

Hi @NatureLover I'll have to check to see if any more potential helpers have tried to get in touch. The online platform isn't very easy to use and I've been distracted. Feeling churned up by my sister's problems and some misunderstandings on the forums. My sister is very unwell.

How have you been? I hope your break from work on Thursday suited you, and you've had a good weekend. 

Thx for tag @NatureLover 

Yes its great to see you @Dimity 

Sorry about your back. Hearing you about exercises. Sometimes I  need a break or I feel I am turning into a machine.  You will get back to them.

Sorry about your sister.  It’s so hard when loved ones are struggling. We try to help but self care can slide when the pressure is on.  

Metta meditations have been key to my survival in last 20 years.  Mine are just my own thoughts and practice. Not up to using apps. Not sure it necessary for meditation. Guess I am on old fashioned fuddy duddy these days.

Not logged on forum for a while. Access to computer limited. Real life pressures rising. Some of it is good some been a roller coaster. Son going through a lot and was in hospital. Heartbreaking and exhausting but somehow I am still here.

Really hope you find someone who is a good fit.  Part of it seems to be who the person is, and part there ability to reach out and try and meet your needs.

Also I really loved your contribution on new guidelines. You had backbone and spoke straight. I didn’t detect aggression, just thoughtfulness and lived experience. You didn’t need to apologise.

Love Apple

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania