Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

Yes my back is radiating down to my hips. @NatureLover. I just need to get over it and stop whinging. 

My safety depends on who is around. I was in crisis one day and was told to keep doing what I was doing. So now I get concerned. 

I got to sleep around 2:30. 

Hope all is well 

I am safe. 

I don’t want to live anymore. 

I want it all to be over

Hey @Captain24  whatcha up to? 

Hey @Captain24, thank you for letting the Forums know that you are safe. I'm sorry that you are feeling like this and pleased to see you staying connected here with your peers in the community. What has worked in the past when you have felt like this before? Would it be helpful to contact crisis support and have a chat with someone?

I will put a few numbers here so you have them handy:

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Lifeline Chat 

Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636 or Beyond Blue Webchat

1800 RESPECT: 1800 737 732, www.1800respect.org.au 

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or Online Counselling 

If in immediate danger: 000  www.triplezero.gov.au/triple-zero/How-to-Call-000

RiverSeal 

Sorry. Don’t realise you were around @RiverSeal. I’ll go. 

Hey @Captain24 I get that not all people get on and maybe you and RS have been at loggerheads in the past, I actually don’t know but your comment could be quite dismissive and could be perceived as a bit rude towards someone offering their help and could be implied like “oh, you’re here eye roll :face_with_rolling_eyes:”. If you have an issue with somebody and they are doing their best to offer you support, a thanks or nothing at all is probably a bit kinder than implying their mere presence is an issue for you… I like you Cap don’t get me wrong nothing personal, I just think if you want this to be a safe place as you have mentioned then you have to be part of upholding that too. No matter what you are going through on the other side of the screen people still deserve a little respect and basic kindness, you essentially posted a cry for help and then when that help  was offered that is what was given in response, wouldn’t you too be hurt if that was you? 

I have time for you too @ArraDreaming.

Im not going into it. 

Im not up for a disagreement 

Nah didn’t ask you to disagree or agree with me, just that if you’d like this community to be safe and respectful we all have to do our part and I didn’t think what you said was that if it was the first time I wouldn’t of said anything but it’s not, people are offering you help as you seem to be wanting and that is the response they are met with…. Hmm. 

Ok… goodbye. 

Hey @ArraDreaming @Captain24 @Bow @NatureLover ,

How's everyone today?

Hope things are okay. Hope you can join the Live Sunday Chat tonight 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania