Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.

Re: Everything music

I like how everyone has different tastes too @ENKELI 

Not that I'm showing off 

@MJG017 @Bill16 @ENKELI @Glisten @RachSANECEO @Shaz51 @greenpea @Appleblossom 

But I'm Jewish by blood and been to a kibbutz in Israel.

Sounds really showoffy doesn't it ? I was kicked off the kibbutz after couple of months because I was pregnant & because it was to boyfriend back in Perth they said it's not a Jewish baby. You need to have an abortion or leave. So I hitched a ride to the nearest town, called Hifai and met two Brazilians in the travel place and went to stay with them before coming home. These two people showed me around Israel .....

What's your music @Bill16 ? 

@ENKELI @Glisten a cochroach having a cup of tea....

IMG20240916130529.jpg

@PeppyPatti wrote:

Sounds really showoffy doesn't it ? I was kicked off the kibbutz after couple of months because I was pregnant & because it was to boyfriend back in Perth they said it's not a Jewish baby. You need to have an abortion or leave. So I hitched a ride to the nearest town, called Hifai and met two Brazilians in the travel place and went to stay with them before coming home. These two people showed me around Israel .....

@PeppyPatti  Wow, that sounds like quite the adventure!  Maybe it's because I'm adopted and have always wondered how close I came to being aborted, but it's stories like that that are probably the reason I never became religious.  I don't have any issues with people who are, but I just never felt it was for me. 

Plus now that I know (only recently found out) that my mother was forced to give me up because she was a single mother and because the church and therefore the powers that be at the time insisted I was better off with a 2 parent family... well let me tell them how well that worked out!!

@PeppyPatti this is definitely for you LOL

@ENKELI  Joe’s Apartment?

https://youtu.be/Vz8ctgUxKOQ?si=9Rl9EYqIqUbcckrP

Thankyou @Glisten 

Hilarious 😆 

@PeppyPatti who put the idea in your head that this life event is showing off?

It’s a sad. You were rejected by your own people at a time when you needed support.

It was a horrible thing they said and did to you.

G

That was...different @Glisten !!!

lol

Thanks for sharing (?) ha

Oh come on @StuF everyone has seen Joe’s Apartment 🪳LOL

It’s the reason helium balloons 🎈 exist 😝

yes,  it was awful. I didn't know then but my mother was calling them and telling them stuff.

But the Brazilians were wonderful.  

Then I gave birth to the most wonderful rugrat1. BAck in Perth........

Mental Health Council of Tasmania