Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.

Re: EVERYTHING CATS!!

Hahaha, great idea. I've often said that one day I will be one of those "crazy" cat ladies that people talk about behind their hands in awed whispers.

At the moment, I have 3 cats. A 13-year-old girl called Periannath Lili, Peri for short. Periannath is LOTR elven for "small one", which is what they call hobbits. From memory..... idk, it's a long time since I named her and I'm getting old lol. A couple of years ago I adopted Clarence from the RSPCA because he practically threw himself at my head for a cuddle when I was trying to choose. Of course, teens being what they are, he didn't remain Clarence for long, and is now known by Claz, Travel Companion (???) and a few other ridiculous things that teenage boys apparently think are funny. Then I took in Oliver when a friend had to move and couldn't take him with her. I almost ended up with 2 more when a friend of a friend had to move also, but I had to force myself to say no.

At the moment, though, I'm actually known as the Crazy Sheep Lady. I have 9 right now, though was up to 15 at one point. I'm on 12 acres and had to fill it with beasties (it's my thing 🙂 ), so as well as the 3 cats and 9 sheep, I have a steer and a heifer, a mini pony, 3 dogs and 2 rats.

Unfortunately, I'm having to sell most of my sheep cos it just won't flippin' rain and I'm out of feed. It's a bit sad, but it does open the door for the crazy cat lady thing to start......

That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it. 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

You have the ideal life FreakyFranky with a good heart.Animals are so much better than humans,love you for who you are.I always said my best friends were the dogs I had when growing up and I hope it there is a heaven I see all my animals there.I reckon if there is a sign saying "animal heaven"or "people heaven",the way people p*** me off I would have to choose animal heaven.

I'm with you on that one Li1! Would definitely choose to be surrounded by furry friends. I don't know if I'd be even remotely sane if it wasn't for all my beasties.

image.jpeg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yeh I think people have more animal behavior at times.As stated,if it wasn't for my two cats past twelve months I don't believe I would be here.Stupid mental health nurse advised me to euthanize them due to moving....Their so called "credentialed mental health nurse qualification" leaves a lot to be desired.He obviously didn't get me after over three years hey.At least the cats,you don't have to put up with crap.

image.jpeg

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20170209_203052.png

Former-Member
Not applicable

This one reminded me of you @Former-Member. You've been quiet. I hope you are ok. Hugs 💜🤗

IMG_2921.JPG

image.jpeg

Former-Member
Not applicable

snow cat.jpgsnow cat.jpg

Mental Health Council of Tasmania