Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Gardening anyone?

Talking about not balancing too well @PinkFlamingo 

I hope you haven’t been too fall down’ish lately?

Thanks heaps for thinking of me @Oaktree 🥰🌺🤗

I’ve had a few falls, but I haven’t landed badly (no stairs nor in the bathroom), which is nice. 
I don’t feel the bruises because I have lots of numbness, so it’s in a weird way a bit of a blessing, I guess 🙂💜🌺

it’s really nice to hear about all the projects you have happening - I really enjoy it ☺️🌺

@PinkFlamingo 

Well although you have had a few falls, I am really glad to hear that you have not badly hurt yourself. Any news on your oxygen concentrator?

Thanks heaps @Oaktree 💜🌺🤗

I have learned to fall with a little bit of style, kind of like taking on the skills of James Bond by osmosis through my eyes when watching the movies 😉☺️🙌🏻

I got the tracking number for the oxygen concentrator today! 🥳🌺 

should be here by hopefully end of the week or early next week (says ‘pending’ for the moment) 🙂💜🌺

thanks heaps for asking - it’s super kind and I really appreciate it 💜🤗🌺

how’s cooking going? 🙂

Nice looking plant @PinkFlamingo 

self watering pots are great.  I’ve got 3 large ones in my backyard, only downside for me is the area to pour the water in is very close to the ground.

@Oaktree Im not good with indoor plants either.  I wasn’t any good growing plants until few years ago.  After various failed attempts I found I could grow, without killing, succulents.  Late 2022 I tried growing dahlias for first time and they thrived

Thank you @Patches59 🙂🌺

this is a relatively small pot, however I would love it if I could get them in a larger version, as the area beneath is large, and there are little absorbent ropes that dip down into the water reservoir at the bottom, to feed water up to the soil above..

IMG_5147.jpeg

Lovely roses @Adge 

I relate to your navigation dilemma. This has been the case for me for several years on here.

Impossible to search for subjects and so hard to find people from past connections.

I only have one rose now which I bought and planted in a pot in memory of my mum. It is off white, ivory which was the colour of the roses in my mum's bouquet at her wedding. I chose the same for my first wedding. A stunning colour. Did not bring me much luck laugh. It bucketed down with rain on the day as well. An omen, warning of sorts perhaps?

I will write to you on my usual haunt as this thread is about gardening and plants.

Lovely to see the variety of roses.

Continue to add more of your vast knowledge of horticulture.

I will visit when I can.

Take care

Sophia

Hi @Sophia1 I also had only one rose left until 2 months ago, that was Lamarque (Climbing Noisette Rose from 1800's).

Then I bought these others, & potted them all up into Large Pots.

I've been struggling with worsened daily fatigue, these past few weeks.

Plus an upsurge of my Diverticular Disease or Irritable Bowel Syndrome, as I'm not sure which condition is causing what symptoms (pain).

So that explains how there has been such a large time-lag in my replying to anyone's Posts.

All the Best, I hope to hear from you soon.

Adge

Hello @Adge 

I was trying to write to you on other thread.

I am tired now so brain drained.

Lamarque from 1800s. That is superb. I must look that one up.

I have not been out in my garden for months. I have help with it now.

Others say that it looks lovely. To me it looks very tired and sad. I must be looking in nature's mirror!

Sorry to hear about diverticular disease and or irritable bowel syndrome. Each very difficult to manage at times. I hope that you are not in too much pain.

Fatigue goes hand in hand with those as well as mental illness and life itself at times.

Do not be concerned about response times. I sometimes take months these days.

Most people are very understanding.

Sometimes hearing from people randomly is a warm surprise.

You are very kind and considerate Adge.

Will write again

Love to see some more

Sophia

@PinkFlamingo wrote:

Thank you @Patches59 🙂🌺

this is a relatively small pot, however I would love it if I could get them in a larger version, as the area beneath is large, and there are little absorbent ropes that dip down into the water reservoir at the bottom, to feed water up to the soil above..

IMG_5147.jpeg

Where is this pot from @PinkFlamingo 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania