Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

It was a different sort of self-inflicted health injury that kept taking us back to hospital at the time @Sans911, neither of them intended to reduce the seriousness or severity of the other ..... and I am so, so glad to hear that you were treated carefully and well.

Some forms of harm are still viewed more compassionately than others, but I hope that is starting to change.

The same sort of underlying harm is why I am here on the forums .... it has changed its form and hidden itself this way ..... we are dealing with a shape-shifter.  I wish I could reach through the screen and hug you .....

❤️

Thats alright i prob wouldvr made the same assumption @Sans911

Who knows maybe there are member that know each other or have met unintentionally but have no idea. I guess you wouldnt really find out unless both members wrote the same thing about the event they attended.

Yes i know.. im worried about PR too and hoping she can check in soon. Theres seems to be a few members lately dropping in and out.

I'm sorry @Faith-and-Hope if I misinterpreted that. When I practised as a nurse, my stance was that if you are hurting and are reaching out for someone to help you, be that unintentional, intentional, physical, mental, drugs and alcohol, you needed us to sort the mess, pick up the peices and put you back together, even if only temporarily was all we could do. I used to cringe at nurses who would laugh about 'that crazy one'. Sure I would sometimes laugh at the drunken woman/man with their jeans around their knees because they look ridiculous, but I would never ridicule someone saying that they can no longer live because of x, y or z. They've got it hard enough with your sacarsim adding to it.

I would openly welcome that hug @Faith-and-Hope. I have a feeling it would be a warm, enveloping and gentle, caring hug. And the thought of that tears me up because its something I get very little of as I'm sure others here do as well.

@Sans911 💜 💜

I went to a meeting tonight @outlander @Faith-and-Hope about a project I'm involved in for mental health. I can't even talk about it here beyond that it's a project as it's quite extraordinary. It's exciting that it's getting to the real planning stages. And it hopefully will be in place before the end of the year. Its something I feel extremely passionate about in terms of effective mental health care that is compassionate, non judgemental, empathetic and validating. Just like @Faith-and-Hope and I were talking about. F& H - if you return to the West about that time you may become aware of it.

It is way past my bedtime but I really enjoyed this chat, so I wanted to hold off my meds. But I can't wait any longer and my battery needs a recharge.

Goodnight to you both. Try to get a little sleep @outlander and you too @Faith-and-Hope. See you around tommorow.

Sleep quickly and well @Sans911 ..... 

I will keep my eyes and ears open for the project you speak of.  It sounds very special.

Goodnight ..... ❤️

Goodnight @Sans911 sleep well. Its good to hear you talk about the things your excited about. Sounds like a great project 💜

Good morning @Sans911 Heart

Good morning my lovely sister @Snowie. I was just thinking of you. How are you doing today?

Good morning @outlander @Faith-and-Hope @Maggie @Shaz51 and everyone else. It's a dreary day outside. Kinda matches my mood.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania