Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

seagul
Contributor

to hard to bloody hard

this time is different yet parts are the same this time is longer a lot longer it feels like i'm wrecking everything and i just don't seem to care i don't know where this is all going and to try to work out where it's going is too hard to concider 

i haven't left the house in ages all the curtains are shut. I sleep alot my wife has be gone since before xmas. the rollercoaster is too much i can't seem to get off 

i don't want this i don't want anything.  To fix it why bother only to go around the block again

5 REPLIES 5

Re: to hard to bloody hard

@seagul  Hi Seagul and good morning. I am sorry things are going hard for you at the moment. Things are quiet on the forum atm with holidays but you might like to post on the Re: Good Morning!  thread and we have a NYE thread happening of which I wil send you a link. Just so that you dont feeling so alone. You are amongst friends here seagul. Love peax

Hi @seagul, it sounds like you are going through really hard time at the moment and you've done well to reach out for support on here. Ive sent you an email to check in with you tonight.

As a reminder, if you're concerned about your safety or you'd like counselling support, you can reach out to the following services:

Lifeline 13 11 14

Suicide Callback Service 1300 659 467

Take good care of yourself today and please do reach out for support 🌻

thanks @Dancer9  @greenpea  this bets yelling as one self 

hey @seagul I'm experiencing a rollercoaster of emotions too at the moment. I feel very vulnerable & fragile psychologically. On top of that I'm nursing an injury & physical pain, desperately trying to heal well enough so I can go back to work as soon as possible.

It sounds like your support system (your wife) is gone at the moment & you're struggling with being alone. I live alone with my buddy, the cat. So I'm used to managing my mental health on my own...but I can understand that it would be a shock to the system for you if you're used to having company at home...and probably your mh symptoms are spiking.

Even though you don't feel like it,I'd suggest getting out into the social world & having contact with other humans, even if it's just for a few minutes like buying milk at the supermarket. Just try to make eye contact with a few people & if you can manage, smile. It'll make you feel better especailly when someone returns your smile.

I'd also suggest getting some exercise, even though you don't feel like it. As high intensity as possible but just a walk around the block if it's all you can manage. It's good to get the blood moving & your heart rate up for a bit - no matter how psychotic, hopeless & unwell I am, I always look after the physical body even though I hate the exercise at the time & feel like doing anything but exercise. I just force myself to exercise and after I'm relieved that I've done something for my physical health, even though my mental health won't budge & my symptoms are thru the roof.

Hang in there Smiley Happy

Im there to mate ,this sux!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania