Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: not coping

@Snowie @creative_writer @Jynx @Eve7 @Emelia8 @tyme 

thank you everyone. im having a tough time right now. i dont have many words and even breathing is becoming overwhelming. i have to try and keep myself safe this week which is proving to be a very big challange and often loosing control. i have my psychologist tomorrow so ill speak to her about coming up with a better safety plan. 

im getting so very tired. mentally and physically. just need to make it through the next week or so 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Aww hun, sending you some very big hugs @outlander - I'm glad you've got an appt tomorrow to help you update/sort out your safety plan. Super important. 

You don't have to do it alone darl, we'll be with you every step. You can get through this, I believe in you 💪💜🫂

Sending you lots of hugs my @outlander ❤️

Good morning @outlander 

I hope the appt. with your psych goes well today and that you can work out a better plan for yourself.

Please know that you have a whole community behind you and rooting for you.

I have known you for long enough to know that you can get through this. You have so much strength and courage. 

Sending lots of love to you 💗💗

Thanks for the update @outlander . 

I was getting concerned because I haven't heard from you in a long time. 

I'm sorry that things are so tough for you. Please know you can reach out to us anytime via email if there are specific things you'd like to discuss.

I've also sent you a few check-in emails. Please don't feel obliged to respond if you don't feel up to it.

@tyme @Snowie @Shaz51 @Jynx @creative_writer @Eve7 @PeppyPatti @Appleblossom 

@Emelia8 @Sans911 @Captain24  and everyone following along too 

hi everyone

it feels like some time that ive been online. the last week has been extremely tough with so many trauma aniversaries. i am very tired now from just trying to be safe and get through each hour as best i could. 

i was also admitted to hospital twice across the last 3 days. initially for a migraine treatment overnight however during the infusion there was some complications that needed checking out. its nothing serious thankfully as originally everyone was concerned. 

i still have very minimal use of my arm and its still incredibly painful despite medications but at least i know whats causing it now. i have to speak to my neurologist on friday as there is now also concerns that my neuropathic condition has now spread to my arm as wel as my digestive system. 

it has been a very overwhelming week to say the least and so very tiring. even having a shower with this latest complication is taking nearly an hour for me to shower and get dressed and try and do my hair as everything is one handed right now 

Hi @outlander 

Sounds like it’s been extremely hard for you. You just can’t catch a break. I’m so sorry that life just keeps throwing curve balls (or maybe sledgehammers) at you. 

Thinking of you. 

My dearest @outlander 

So sorry that things are still so hard for you hon. Wishing there was something that we could do to help.

I hope your neurologist can answer some of your questions.

In the meantime, am here for you through all of this.

Sending lots of love and hugs 💕💕

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Oh wow @outlander that is so intense, I am really sorry to hear that things are so painful and scary for you at the moment. I hope you've been able to get lots of rest, and that there'll be insights/treatments for you soon to alleviate the stress and discomfort. Sending hugs 💜

I’m so sorry you are going through all of this @outlander and I just want to agree with the other forum members by saying we are here by your side so please tag us whenever you need.

Sending lots of love to you my dear friend. 💙💙💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania