Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: mania

@loopy, I thought that you have been jogging every morning for three hours therefore you've got no time for us anymore :0)
Mojo
Senior Contributor

Hi Redhead,

Thanks for posting and letting us know how you are feeling.Night times can can  be very lonely and scary at times. I have had a chance to read  previous posts and am amazed at the support and caring that is out there. If you have a chance to reread the posts they can be helpfull when you are feeling this way.It makes me feel good just knowing that there are great people out there.

Take care and keep posting, Mojo.

redhead
Senior Contributor

@Alessandra1992
We don't have grow in Tasmania.
And I used to go to a support group but therapy twice a week and weekly psychiatrist visits and the support group got to much.

@Loopy thanks for the advice.
I try to exercise once a day for at least an hour (most of the time that's just me walking from my house to the city centre)

@mojo,.
Dear Mojo
I love your sign......in the, mid eighties, I used to wear black 'woman signs' earrings and go on protest marches and see bands like Billy Bragg, The Cramps, Bob Dylan and every Friday/ Sat nights see Perth bands play......
Your pic brings all those feral and nice memories back !

How are you today ?

How are you @redhead ?
redhead
Senior Contributor

I'm good today. not as high as i have been. i think taking my meds and getting a decent sleep is helping.

i told my mum about the bipolar and she was quite supportive. but she leaves for six months in europe tomorrow so its going to be hard not having her support. but I'll cope, i usually do (she goes to europe with her husband every year)

Hello @redhead,
Thinking about you today as others on this wonderful site.

I read a wonderful blurb today and thought of you,

This is it, written by a 13 year old girl, Anne Frank.

"a single candle can both defy and define the darkness."

then, the quoter, a spiritual woman, wrote this:

Please Never underestimate what a Vast Difference a small act of kindness May make in someones life, especially if they are feeling fragile or in any way lost. The light of kindness can literally Lead us out of darkness. It can 'take us home,' To a more secure sense of ourselves.

sometimes the act of kindness is, in essence, An act of mindful restraint. NOT saying or doing something That could in any way Be hurtful, Silencing any bitterness, Self pity or criticism: not putting Someone "right."

Even when Life is good and we are feeling robust, It is kindness, Appreciation and encouragement that keeps us Most happily connected. These treasures are yours to give. And yours to receive gratefully.

I love that......what do you think?? @kristin is lighting candles for everyone.....she is so kind.....

So, you actually spoke to your Mum about bipolar....., how brave, how brave!!!

Have you found a saying that your feel influences you???
redhead
Senior Contributor

"I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be; but still I am not what I once used to be." John Newton
This is my favourite quote @PeppiPatty . It reminds me of the process of recovery. I have a long way to go, but I have already come a long way.

@redhead

love that.
redhead
Senior Contributor

I'm starting to come down and it's scaring me. I don't want to get depressed again. I hate being down there. :l
Does anyone know how to calm down slowly off a hypomania so I don't crash and burn.
kristin
Senior Contributor

Dear @redhead 

Your self-awareness is terrific. My recipe for coming down without the crash is lots of quiet time doing things I enjoy but when I start running around I deliberately make myself do something fairly sedate (reading, gardening gently, walking, playing very crappy old graphics computer game, etc) - it works for me. You will find your own recipe in time. Best of luck, it's a good thing to aim for be gentle with yourself if you don't manage it yet.

Hope for life without a rollercoaster endures...

Kindest regards, 

Kristin

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania