Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Piecing the shattered glass together

It really sounds like it all gets on top of you  @creative_writer . You and I may have different back stories, but I do know how exhausting it can be - to have the weight of MI on one's mind for so long...

I used to exercise regularly. And hiking, especially, always did me good. These days I feel as athletic as Usain bolt if I can atleast manage to brush my teeth! 😆

Do you have a regular day that you visit your mosque? I wanna share with you how dreadful I've been feeling these past few days, and this morning wasn't looking any better. But I felt 'something else' as I pondered in groans about going out to church this morning. And I got out of my own way long enough to get out of bed and down the street. 

It was interesting, and inspiring: the sermon today felt like it was tailored just for me! AND, I did actually take some strawberries down to the estuary this afternoon, too! 

I guess I just want to encourage you to keep trying even small moves in the right direction. You may just catch a little divine gust to push you along sometime...

@Kyle1, I used to be really physically active, almost to the point of obsession, I hated taking sick days. I don't have a regular day when I go to the mosque, at one stage I used to. Maybe I do need to get back.

I do feel a bit disappointed though, I thought my mood was starting to improve after letting in natural light upon awakening, but now, I still feel like shit when I wake up. Why isn't it working as it used to anymore? 😞

I just don't know, I'm sorry...

One of my counsellors mentioned briefly (because time was up) that I try self soothe in bed before getting up...

I looked at her with puzzlement,, and I still have little idea what she meant by that !

What's your thoughts, @creative_writer ?

@Kyle1, maybe she was trying to encourage you to do something that would relax you. Like many people might do breathing exercises, grounding, mindfulness, prayer.......

Well, there is one thing I do before leaving bed. As you know, I listen to scripture most nights. And in the mornings I play music. Songs that I might wake up with on my mind. Sometimes that alone can be enough to adjust my psychological posture. 

This morning I just had to listen to a song that was shared with me here at the Forums, incidentally... 

Let me share it with you, too: it's called 'snowman' by someone called sia. 

It's not normally my cup of tea but...I don't know: I'm finding it pretty darn sweet and adorable!

@Kyle1, I’m glade you’ve found ways to relax in the evening and morning. I think I’ll be heading off soon, have uni tom, have things to sort and then need to sleep. Thank you for keeping me company. Goodnight 💖🫂

All the best @creative_writer 💛🫂

Rest gently..

I like the way you always misspell 'glad' BTW @creative_writer .

Makes a pretty picture 😊

Good night @creative_writer - hope uni is good tomorrow 🙂 Have a good rest.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania