Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Oscillation between two mind sets

@Former-Member I’m hoping one day braining won’t feel this hard.

Sometimes with cptsd some memories are sort of unclear, sort of wishy washy. Maybe it’ll get easier with time, I’m just doing the waiting game while going to therapy.

My evening is far from perfect, it’s night and I’m cranky. I hope you are doing okay 💖🫂

Yeah I hope so too @creative_writer 🙂🌺🫂

I hold hope that things do get easier for you regarding cptsd 💜🌺 and therapy helps. 

I’m ok thanks..just trying not to get my feet tangled up in the oxygen tube repeatedly :face_with_rolling_eyes:😉

take good care and I hope you can feel a bit more settled as the evening moves to night, and you can get some decent rest tonight 🙂🌺

@Former-Member I hope you are doing well this morning 💖🫂

I had a psych appointment and did some studying this morning. Psych appointment was pretty heavy since I spoke more about how my mum's mental health has affected mine

Hey there @creative_writer 🌺💜

Sorry for the delay in reply.. how are you feeling today, after the psych appointment, given a bit of time has gone by, if you don’t mind I ask..? I hope you’re feeling alright 💜🌺 I think opening up is hard and it seems like a risk in many ways (betraying trust, or risking being seen in a different light, for eg), however in doing so there are also the opportunities to help explore how these things can be supported and worked through 🙂and a good therapist wouldn’t judge, no matter what 💜🌺

I hope you’re doing ok today 🌺🙂

@Former-Member I’ve been able to work through those feelings. My head has mostly been in uni land today. I may have overdone it today, oops. I did have an intensive uni write up period when I didn’t even use the bathroom. My head feels heavy, but I’m still trying to work out how I feel

Maybe I did too much work, I have a migraine 😞, and my chest feels weird

Hey there @creative_writer 🌺💜🙂

I hope you’re doing ok now? Sounds like an intense uni day indeed 💜

I saw your message where you have a migraine and feel a bit unwell - please do ensure you have had enough hydration and food today sweetness 💜🌺🙂

and take rest 🫂🌺

@Former-Member I hate the evenings. I always got down these rabbit holes. I hope you are doing okay this evening 💖🫂

Sounds like lots of thoughts and feelings at the end of the day @creative_writer .? 🌺💜

I hope things can settle for you.. do you have something that’s an activity you enjoy for a little bit of distraction, if you think that might help.? 💜

I’m doing ok thank you kindly sweetheart 🙂🌺

@Former-Member it is even hard to slow down to do self care. The thoughts are annoying and loud, and I don't even know what to do. I'll try to distract but it often feels hard. My MH is too heavy for other people to carry so I must pretend.

Glad to hear you are doing okay 💖🫂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania