Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

ButterflyWings
Senior Contributor

Mixed Post

Before I whinge, I'll share one big positive: our landlord and friend just installed a working oven for us! Looking forward to exploring some baking options for the first time in almost 5 years of marriage. I expended a lot of energy cleaning where the old oven had been for 50 odd years... very manky! Bits of broken glass lightly graized my finger too, which was lovely.

Apologies for the accidental post in "Gratitudes" please delete it.

I'm oscillating between coping, not coping and also getting sick and feeling reticent to speak to a GP and have to be tested for you-know-what.

It sucks, as I have been struggling anyway and now my anxiety is loving/hating me. Feeling's mutual to be honest.

I don't know what to do to be honest...in a few ways.

Will call GPs in a minute or two.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Mixed Post

@ButterflyWings  How did you go calling your GP  ?

All the best with your new oven. It would take more than an oven to get me excited about cooking, the kitchen is my worst space.

Take care.

@Maggie Heya... I was referred straight away for covid testing and just got an SMS to consult with my GP for results so waiting til Monday. Urgh! 

Also am a bit frazzled as waited literally all day for a delivery, called the relevant parties...turns out delivery driver was being a lazy slouch...4 whole hours' wait. Not very impressed, but at least I have some fun cooking to look forward to doing.

Yeah....headspace sucks.

@ButterflyWings  All the best for Monday. I hope your results are negative.

That’s a long wait. Is there someone you can tell, manage ? If the driver is just being lazy, that’s not good enough.

Good luck with the cooking. 🎂🍰🧁🥧🥮

I hope today is ok enough and not to hot where you are.

@Maggie The delivery company was contacted and driver called, so hopefully they get a swift kick up the donkey! At least we got the delivery charge refunded...yay!

I'm gonna bake brownies with choc chips and then cupcakes, once it cools down a little.

Still a tad peeved but I have something to look forward to at least.

I hope today is gentle to you, my friend 💟

@ButterflyWings  I’m pleased you got a refund.

How did the brownies and cupcakes turn out ? 🧁🧁🍪🍪

I hope today is gentle with you. I quiet day planned here, looks like it’s going to get hot, 29 I think, I’m in Tasmania, so far summer has been perfect.

Take care.

@Maggie It's sadly too hot for inside-baking but will explore in cooler weather next week. 

I'm a bit unwell today...feeling it big time urgh...

Sparkles and pretty diamonds for us. 💎💎💎💕🙂

Aww @ButterflyWings  sorry you are unwell and feeling it big time. There are a few on the Good Afternoon - Afternoon Tea  thread feeling the heat. You might like to join in, and you might not. Whatever is ok.

Maybe some rest is what today holds for you.

I have done a bit of painting, but it’s getting hot, so I might leave it for today.

Sparkles and diamonds back to you. 💎💎 and some 💙💙💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania