Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Kalani
Contributor

Feeling Trapped

Hi, I am new to this forum so please tell me if I have breached any community rules in this post. I just feel so trapped at the moment. I am so overwhelmed with anxiety and have absolutely no support system. Everyday I have to pretend to be ok when really I am struggling. I am exhausted, frustrated and worn down. Every little task is anxiety inducing. I no longer find joy in things I used to. I want help but know I will never be brave enough to get it. In many ways I am scared of my emotions. Scared of myself. I just wish I could manage life like other people. I feel so alone, so isolated. Like I can't talk to anybody. I feel like I am drowning.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Feeling Trapped

@Kalani I don't have the words to say right now, just know that I understand. If I could physically sit with you with a cuppa, I would. Take care my friend. LifeLine are great to talk out feelings and explore support options. Their text service is awesome and has helped me manage my anxiety in times of trouble. I know it all feels too much but by reaching out here, you have taken a great first step. 

Love and Light to you.

@Kalani I've been where you are and yes it does take courage to seek help and here is a good start. Please make an appointment with your GP and ask for a mental health care plan where you can receive 6? appointments with a psychologist. Anxiety is crippling but there are methods to get it under control. For now please take good care with physical exercise, healthy eating, soothing music and mindful breathing. I too wish I could just sit with you to ease your worries. Better days are ahead x

Hi @Kalani

I feel for you

@Kalani Thanks for sharing what you are going through, I feel for you and have been in a very similar situation, feeling trap and alone, scared and helpless, but you have made the effort to reach out. This is most important part and you are not alone here so many people on this form that are there to help and support you to get the right help. So if are feeling that way give lifeline or beyond blue a call. Remember this with every rough seas there is always a clam after it, so hang on you will get through it, you were courageous enough to reach out you are going in the right direction Kalani. Take care for now.

Warm Regards 

Haystacks

@Kalani don't want to be a pest, but are you on your own and if so try to call a family member or close friend and ask them could you spend time with them because you need  some company and someone to talk too . Someone that knows you well and cares about you always will help when you are feeling this way.

Warm Regards 

Haystacks 

Thank u all so much for your responses! Your support and kindness are much appreciated. I have thought about contacting lifeline text before (as phone calls make me too anxious). I guess I just feel as though I would be wasting their time not to mention I am scared they would make me seek help. I just don't want to lose control. As for making an appointment with a GP I just feel like the process will take too long. U have to wait to get in to a GP, then headspace and then a psychiatrist/psychologist. I just don't think I can be manage with that much waiting. I live with my family but they are completely in the dark. They don't know how much I am struggling. I am too scared to tell them and as such I have to pretend to be ok. I am just feeling overwhelmed, exhausted and defeated at the moment. Once again thank u all for your kind and supportive responses!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania