Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

That reminds me of a funny story @Zoe7 

Years ago we had wattle birds nesting in a large spiky lemon tree - they would often swoop my son's cat - Candy 

One day Candy had enough  - I watched her climbing carefully through the spikes in the lemon tree until she reached the nest and relieved herself there

Gotta laugh  - they stopped swooping her though  - clever cat.

My MIL didn't think it was funny 

Still laughing 

Mumma Bear 

Owlunar 

morning @Owlunar2 , @Zoe7 

raining up here and 25 degrees 

having a cup of coffee and overthinking of all the things i have to do 

gets so overwhelming that i end up sitting down and playing "words with friends 2 "

and can not do any of it on a sunday 

@PinkFlamingo , @PeppyPatti 

Aw, @Shaz51 , big hugs for you my friend 🫂🫂💜💜

you’ve been through the wringer lately - it’s totally understandable to need to stop still and take away the brain strain 🌺💜

wish I could sit and watch the rain and have a cuppa and a little mini quiche with you - kidney friendly, of course ☺️👌🏻🍵🌺

hope you know you are a really special person, and very much cared for and appreciated for who you are 🙌🏻😊🌺

Awww thank you @PinkFlamingo ❤️

Cats are very smart @Owlunar2 😼

You are right @Zoe7 

Cats are very smart - the older they get the more they understand - and they learn to know the limits of what they can get away with

My old cat - Sparky - I had for 15 years - and I loved her - and I was the world to her. I still miss her. I rejoice in my memories of her - I always will - and I could tell some tales.

My son's cat - Candy - had an important job of watching the buses that turned a corner outside our house - they would go one way of the other every 15 minutes every weekday - Candy was responsible to make sure this all went to plan and every time a bus came around that corner she would jump up on a buffet under a window and watch to make sure no one fell off - or whatever -

One day my then-husband and I decided to move some furniture - we didn't think to tell Candy when we moved the buffet from under the window. She heard the bus come and ran into the lounge and jumped up to land on the buffet that wasn't there and fell on the floor - she looked so funny we laughed so hard - and cats hate to be laughed at. She ran up behind the piano and got stuck there so we had to move that too.

I love those memories - my life is rich with them.

My best thoughts for you, Clover and Tobey.

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

LOL @Owlunar2 Clover loves to 'walk' over Toby to get to me. He does not mind her walking over him but does get jealous when he is not the centre of attention!!!

Hi @Zoe7

i have three juvenile magpies coming to my front door looking for food - I give them small amounts of lean mince. Their behaviour is such that I am pretty sure which is which - the brave one that comes up to me I call Challenger - the one who quickly from around the corner I call Phantom - the last one hides in the bushes - that's Cryptic. I know I might be wrong - I love this game though. I love their song. 

I have a new double bed - a more suitable size than the queen bed I had - I moved some furniture around and got rid of an armchair. I have all this space! The next thing is to get the carpet steam cleaned.

Alas - it's not - my charger broke down and I have to replace that - I can still charge my phone from my computer but it takes so long - I'm thankful it does though.

There is always something going on - life is never dull.

All the best

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

@Owlunar2 

My daughter finally called me via messenger today from Hawaii. She hasn’t spoken to me for 6 months because she was mad at me. I didn’t challenge her or bring anything up for discussion because I didn’t want to make her mad or give her a reason not to call again. We talked for nearly an hour. I was happy to finally get to chat with her.

Hi Mumma Bear @Owlunar2 I love the baby magpie story. It is those little but glorious things in nature that give us the greatest joy hey. I know my fur babies and their antics together outside make me smile and laugh. They do similar inside but there is more space outside for their chasing and hiding games so I just sit, watch and laugh.

A bugger about your broken charger but glad you can still (slowly) charge your phone via computer. Technology sucks sometimes.

Not really looking forward to work tomorrow but I am sure I will be okay once I get there.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania