Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: A message to yourself in six months time

Wow it caught me off guard reading that. I was firstly in denial that it was six months :face_with_rolling_eyes:. 

After thinking about it I've decided that some things have remained whilst some have come true. I think I've established a better relationship with my boys and that we are becoming a closer, more unified family again. I think I know myself better than before and am more aware of some of the things needed to achieve better mental health.....being consistent with them is the hard part. As for the spreading the appointments out that hasn't happened but I no longer have contact much in between, most weeks with out any. 

Ok so we haven't got the basics covered on lots of days but on the ok days I'm doing it better but no slight resemblance of routine yet. My crisis seemed to have escalated but I have had a few steps forward in dealing with them. Health professionals don't ask me if I've really committed to living because they've given that up as a bad joke. I swing weekly with it. 

My hope for the next six months.

That therapy with the new psychiatrist will help.

That I have stability with my mental health supports. 

That I return to study successfully 

That I begin to address the things I fear and face more of my fears

That I venture more into the real world

I hope to begin reconnecting and establishing irl friendships. 

That there is stability and unity within my household. 

Well there's my wish list. Let's see how it goes 🙏

💜🤗 21/04/17

@NikNik

Re: A message to yourself in six months time

OMG. I made myself cry. I can't believe I was this prescient when I wrote this to myself. Not sure I'm ready to write another one yet, I need to process that last one some more!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania