Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advocating for change

Willy
Senior Contributor

Mental Health Reform - Call For Action - Part 1

@chibam

@Zoe7,@Appleblossom@wellwellwellnez@FloatingFeather@hanami , @moxi , @tyme,

@Jynx , @Gwynn , @Shaz 

Please note that the Sane Forum would not allow me to post this as a single post. Please also see Part 2.

I have been asked to start a new thread for this discussion. In any case the old thread was becoming so convoluted it was difficult to figure out who was connecting with who.

This thread follows on from my original post not that long ago which was mostly about my report of the “Our Reform” conference held in Melbourne on the September 6th 2022 at the Pullman Hotel in Albert Park Melbourne. I hope I have @ copied everybody who was previously involved in this discussion or who I think may have some interest in it. Please pass this on to anyone else you think may be interested.

Link To My Original Post 

Chibam said : In response to your original post of several days ago, I think that, far more important than simply writing disjointed, arbitrary letters to MPs, we need our community to really start to visibly contribute to the public inquiries that are held in these matters.

Last year, there was a somewhat scaled-down federal government inquiry into the mental health system. Despite all the modern hoopla we hear about "bringing more lived experience voices in to the mental health conversation", the submissions made to that inquiry were overwhelmingly from therapists. There were only a handful of submissions from patients - and that's even if you make the best possible assumptions about the hidden submissions.

The hundreds of therapist submissions were largely bemoaning the fact that the government throws more money at "clinical" therapists, as opposed to "non-clinical" ones; while the "non-clinical" therapists were proclaiming that they deserve more money then "non-clinical" therapists because they are better.

Interestingly, one point that kept cropping up was that the "non-clinical" therapists felt betrayed, because the therapist union is almost entirely lead by "clinical" therapists; and thus, the union's official advice to government tends to recommend great favours be extended to the "clinical" therapists, while the "non-clinical" ones generally get treated like crap. Most of the "non-clinical" therapists disputing the patronising stance of their union did so anonymously; no doubt because there would've been harsh consequences if the elders of the industry could identify their in-house critics. That tells you a lot about the culture.

I think there's a lesson to be learned in that for us patients, in trusting so-called representative organisations to speak accurately and fairly to the government on our behalf. They may not end up speaking for the patient community, but rather for just a narrow caste within the patient community who make up said organisations' leadership ranks.

All the more reason why each and every one of us needs to speak out for ourselves.

Getting back to my original point about the abundance of therapist contributions, and that limited number of patient contributions to the inquiry; you can guess how the inquiry turned out. The therapists' repeated concerns about poor funding for "non-clinical" therapists was addressed as one of the inquiry's major final conclusions, whereas the concerns voiced by patients barely got a mention at all.

We weren't listened to, because we never even turned up.

You make the point that it would be difficult for an MP to get away with ignoring 50,000 like-minded letters. But how would the media even be expected to know that they had gotten so many such letters. I don't know if there's any legal requirement for politicians to publish reports on how many letters they receive, and/or the general subject matter of such letters.

By contrast, these sorts of inquiries are usually public; as are the bulk of submissions they receive (except when a submitter requests their submissions to not be published). If an inquiry refused to acknowledge or address 80% of the submissions it received, that would be a very public spectacle, and much more likely to produce an outcry. Public submissions also offer us an elevated chance to be able to communicate past the politicians and directly to the general public. Although virtually no members of the general public will ever read the submissions to such inquiries, at least our testimony is out there in the public sphere, which I guess is better then nothing.

My Response

After some reflection, I agree with chibam’s comment regarding my previous suggestions about writing to MP’s. I concede that it is unlikely to have any worthwhile impact.

I also share chibam’s lack of confidence in some of the so called community based representative organisations that I have looked at.

Concerns about so called “Lived Experience” representation

My first concern about lived experience representation came when I read the Royal Commission Report into Victoria's Mental Health System (2021) (Ref 1). According to this report there was around 12,500 contributions from individuals and organisations but only 40 statements from people living with mental health issues which included family members and carers. This is hardly a balanced representation.

In my opinion, the Royal Commission enquiry also failed to identify the underlying issues responsible for our mental health services problem. This failure was rationalised on the basis that attempting to do so would cast blame on people which would serve no purpose. Laudable as this may sound, it enabled the commission to skirt around the key issues and produce a list of problems without any insight into what caused them. Despite this failure. It seems to have been generally agreed by all that the the report is a damning statement of mental health services in Victoria. It also seems highly likely that very similar conditions exist throughout Australia.

My second concern arose after I attended the Our Reform conference about a month ago. I have no figures on how many of the people who attended that conference had genuine lived mental health experience but the conference appeared to me to be mostly attended by people from government and various community organisations. One person I spoke to told me that many years ago he had been picked up by the police after smoking marijuana. He was taken to a psychiatric hospital where he spent the night. That was the limit of his lived experience which then apparently led to his employment in the mental health field. I suspect that this sort of thing is not uncommon.

My third concern follows a recent discussion with the CEO of the Victorian Mental Illness Awareness Council (VMIAC), Craig Wallace. The VMIAC present themselves as a consumer advocacy organisation. While their ideas and attitudes seem quite noble, there are some things about these types of organisations that trouble me.

The conversation that I had with Wallace was about the two very different faces presented at the Our Reform conference as detailed in my earlier post (see link). He mentioned that there were a number of different community groups with conflicting agendas all vying for consumer representation. He also mentioned a problem of the influence of “powerful vested interests” and the need to step very carefully. He seemed surprised when I mentioned to him that I thought the underlying problem was a deep seated cultural issue. I will say more about this in a bit. Another concern I have with all these reform organisations is that they are government funded and obviously spend a lot of time and effort keeping up appearances so as to continue to attract government funding. I suspect that there is not a lot left in the reserve for achieving their organisational objectives. I imagine that they also have to be very careful of what they say out of fear of losing their government funding if they say something out of place.

My fourth concern evolved after reading a published research article by some people from Melbourne University that Wallace directed me to (Ref 2). This article amongst other things claims that extensive “tokenism” takes place in selecting people to provide shared experience information to various government committees etc with a view that is favourable to what that committee has already decided they want to hear. What they obviously want is somebody with lived experience to help them ratify their already established agenda.

I was personally approached a few months ago to do exactly that in return for payment. I declined the offer.

Chibam said:

I think that part of the problem is that there's no doubt a large gap between the official textbook definition of "psychosis", and what the average person on the street is likely to call "psychotic" behaviour.

Regarding the prejudice against people with psychosis... It's a complicated issue, because there are two sides to the story. Yes, people with psychosis understandably want their freedom and to be treated well and respectfully. But non-psychosis people want to feel not only safe, but also connected to their community; they want their neighbourhoods to be their home. The more you flood those places with incomprehensible alien mindsets, the less and less of a home they will have.

There is also a level of compassion for the victims of (apparently rare) psychotic assault, and a yearning to view such tragedies as lessons that have been hard learned, and which action will be taken to insure they don't happen again.

I can't help but think of the story of a certain famous actress - I'll call her Cauley Cerrette ( 😉). She got attacked and injured by a psychotic homeless guy, for no reason, several years ago. Fortunately for her, a cop just happened to be in the vicinity and detained the guy before he could do too much damage to Cauley.

She hailed him (the cop) as her personal hero and sung his praises all over the internet.

A couple years later, the same hero cop, walking the same beat, got ambushed by the same psychotic homeless guy. This time, the cop got messed up really bad.

As you can imagine, Cauley Cerrette was outraged. Why hadn't the lesson been learned? Why hadn't anyone taken notice that this guy was a menace to society, when he had clearly demonstrated himself as such? Why hadn't steps been taken to insure he couldn't harm any more innocents? A good cop lay in hospital, seriously injured, as a result of the failure to learn those very basic lessons. But instead, a tunnel-vision focus upon appeasing the minority of people with psychosis has left that community with a revolving-door system that turned the guy loose in a jiffy.

You can understand the anguish from people who care about that cop. "What can we do to insure this never happens again?" They fairly cry out.

Is our answer to be: "Sorry, there's nothing that can be done. The contentment of psychotic people is most important. Your literal safety, and sense of safety is secondary. You just have to politely tolerate the fact that your community now has a mildly elevated risk of harbouring a potentially dangerous person."?

I'm not suggesting it's fair for the entire psychotic community to have to pay for the misdeeds of a slim minority, such as the man mentioned above. Certainly, the vast majority of them are harmless. I'm just saying that the concerns of so-called regular people are not unreasonable, and shouldn't be lightly dismissed as irrelevant, or baseless.

Community Concerns About Safety And Community Treatment Orders

I see the story of the actress and her psychotic assailant as a fairly typical media beat up. My understanding is that this incident took place in the US but much the same sort of thing can and does occur in Australia. Chibam pointed out that while there appears to be no significant basis for claiming that people diagnosed with psychotic illness are any more likely to be violent or present a greater danger to the community than anyone else, it is a complicated story and many mental health services providers as well as members of the public appear to believe otherwise. I would suggest that this belief is driven by fear and ignorance, not logic.

It is has sometimes been claimed that the media are responsible for these sensationalist and erroneous views. Maybe this is true to some extent but there is also evidence that pharmaceutical companies have undertaken substantial public relations initiatives to distort the facts and promote the view that unless people with psychotic mental illnesses are taking anti psychotic medication (that they of course sell) they are a significant danger to the public. In all likelihood, this is probably what has caused the overuse and abuse of medication including ITO’s (Involuntary Treatment Orders) by Australian government mental health authorities. (Ref 3,4)

The reality is that people with mental illness and intellectual disabilities typically fare worse than ordinary criminals under the justice system. Despite this provable fact, there will undoubtedly be an outcry from some sectors of the community at any prospect of change just as there is when any suppressed minority strives for or is granted more freedom or rights.

This is just one of the hurdles that has to be overcome through the logical argument that public ignorance is no reason to subject a minority group to untold misery and distress without any significant community gain.

This is probably also one of the main reasons for the often stated claim that there is no political will for change.

Please see Mental Health Reform - Call For Action - Part 2

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Mental Health Reform - Call For Action - Part 1

Thanks @Willy for tagging me to a very thoughtful and detailed post.  I applaud your active effort.

Re Clinical vs Non-clinical 'squabble'

I first became aware of this over 10 years ago after a "non-clinical" bemoaned her lot on my time. I did my own research, came to my own conclusions, and it was validating to see similar views about it.  Your key point that professional organisations are about bettering their own interests rather than their client population is very true.  Hence the rich get richer ... 

An aside: I have always been interested in the applications of music in a therapeutic manner, and seriously looked into the Masters of Music Therapy a few times in last 30 years.  Their practice really seemed a little limited to my vision so did not pursue it.  My last discussion a couple of years ago with a fellow from Mind who was interested in doing music with clients and they had space and instruments that were not being used, came to naught due to internal re-shuffles and power plays.  

When I was first told their were Community Mental Health Centres I was foolishly hopeful, but all they are outsourced centres for delegating medication compliance.  The Community sadly lacking even though a few token groups may be offered. 

Re: Public Enquiries

It was interesting to read your summation.  I have submitted 4 times to various relevant public enquiries (state & federal).  I wrote once to Julia G, but had more luck with a conversation in a car park and after years of silent protests outside various offices a Royal Commission was called.  I plod on.  

At the mental health enquiry, I felt there was some good intangible benefits with people publicly sharing about things that are often still hushed up with shame.  

Lived Experience Workforce and Voice

Keep sharing.  For me these are new areas but I already have an inner wariness about the damage done if they are only cosmetic and it devolves to another chasing the dollar scenario.

Re: Mental Health Reform - Call For Action - An interesting and unexpected twist

@Appleblossom 

I have always been interested in the applications of music in a therapeutic manner, and seriously looked into the Masters of Music Therapy a few times in last 30 years. Their practice really seemed a little limited to my vision so did not pursue it. My last discussion a couple of years ago with a fellow from Mind who was interested in doing music with clients and they had space and instruments that were not being used, came to naught due to internal re-shuffles and power plays.

Hmm!

Clang, clang, clang went the trolley
Ding, ding, ding went the bell
Clunk clunk clunk went the cogs in my brain
As the thoughts therein started to gell

Interesting Link (one of many)

Music Therapy and Mental Health - Ted talk 

There is a complete jazz band setup sitting at my place. Currently it is only being used one Saturday a month for a Jazz Jam. It consists of a 61 key music keyboard connected to a vintage top of the range music synthesizer capable of film quality music from Bach to Beebop, a full drum kit, a quality PA system with microphones etc, a 16 channel mixer and a computerised Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) set up for live performance.  

Regards

Willy

PS Plus one very old and rather knocked around jazz clarinetist complete with working clarinet. 

Re: Mental Health Reform - Call For Action - An interesting and unexpected twist

Interesting ted talk. @Willy 

Jazz is not my strength but I do love it, have a few books, lousy at impro, but open to learning more.  This week I'm trying to get a friend in a wheel chair to a local jazz gala club night for a bit of mental health respite for his carer and him, and me and few others... some of those couples are very smooth on the dance floor.  

I love music culture more than any one style, what it can do within and for people interests me, keeps me alive even.

Ha ha the clarinet would drown out my alto recorder.  

Going to a festival up north to learn early music and lots of contemporary including jazz rep.

Got an online friend to do some drumming.  Gotta use my djembes, thought of joining a local drum circle but they charge too much, and I dont feel like ALWAYS submitting and paying for stuff unless necessary, anyway if I can get gold from the horses mouth in the right continent Why not?

When I was doing Orff training a music therapist told me the legal limit is just on how one markets oneself, ie it is not legal to call oneself a music therapist if not registered with the relevant association .... 

hmmmmm ... we have already discussed the role of some associations ....

Love your quatrain.

Going to rehearsal tonight for a Forest Festival so plenty of music to keep me happy, plus organ and chorister roles etc etc ...

Looking at those videos, generally my thoughts and feelings exactly ...

For me the limitations of the music therapist role, were in use of instruments and formats to further the acceptance and recognition of the field within the health profession.  I had to earn an income immediately for my family.  Rates per hour were not that compelling etc etc...

Re: Mental Health Reform - Music Therapy etc

Hi @Appleblossom 
My previous response to your post where you brought up the subject of music therapy was a bit all over the place. In no way do I want to invoke the the ideas of diagnosis and bipolar disorder but I have been experiencing significant mood swings of late. It is not really a problem to me personally but it seems to distress some others who like their humanity served on a smooth flat plate with no undulations.

Most of what I said in that previous post was irrelevant and could have been summarised  by simply saying that I have an active interest in music with modest skills as a musician.

In your previous post where you referred to music therapy and music therapy courses you said "Their practice really seemed a little limited to my vision so [I] did not pursue". I would be very interested in hearing about this vision if you are interested in sharing it.

While my knowledge of musical therapy is very limited I can see how it fits into the picture of mental health  from at least two different aspects. One is simply through interactive community which I believe to be very important despite its disparagement by the adherents of the biomedical model. The other is a little more complex.

As a result of investigation and studies into Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Psychosis (CBT-p) over the last 3 years or so and my own course of CBT-p therapy from the start of this year, I have become aware of a great deal of highly credible research work and findings which I had not been even remotely aware of. I am referring mostly to emotional trauma which is now believed by a large number of researchers to be the underlying cause of most so called mental health problems ranging from anxiety to psychosis. My current understanding is that there is little "t" trauma and big "T" trauma. Little t trauma is all the ordinary things that happened to us when we were very young and didn't understand what was going on. Many think this starts from conception. Big T trauma is about major life events like sexual assault, being beaten up by the cops etc. Apparently trauma effects different people in different ways. I am told it is not so much about what happened to us but the way we perceived it. It is also said that some people are more sensitive than others to trauma.

A second thing that evolved from my CBT-p therapy is the importance of mindfulness/meditation type practises for healing or resolving trauma.

For about 20 years, from my early 40's onwards, I was involved in a couple of different so called "spiritual" organisations as well as with several independent "gurus". All were supposed to hold the keys to the "meaning of life" but if any of them did they never showed them to me. Mediation and mindfulness in various forms were always a part of the practices as was music It was all supposed to lead to some sort of "enlightenment" but the only consistent message that I ever received was that I was damaged goods that needed fixing. No one however was ever able to show me how to go about doing it. As I got to know and observe some of these gurus at close quarters it became obvious that all of them were grappling with their own inadequacies and deep seated traumas. I never did get enlightened but I certainly became disillusioned. In the end I gave it all away and just resignedly accepted that I had an incurable brain disease caused by chemical imbalances.

When I came across mindfulness practices in the context of CBT-p I was surprised. Because I had been doing it for so many years it was reasonably easy for me but even so my therapist had to give me a shove a few times. I have noticed that many people really struggle to step into this space because they find it too painful or uncomfortable. Music, except as an engaging and relaxing hobby hasn't yet come into my therapeutic picture but it is fairly easy to see where it probably fits in. If used in a therapeutic setting it may be extremely helpful.

Over the last 12 months I have looked at research from hundreds of different researchers. By simply joining up the dots of all this research I have come up with what I am calling the "Big Picture" of mental health. There is no rocket science about this. What amazes me is that there is very little talk about any of this either on this forum or anywhere else.

Mental Health Big Picture.png

In regards to practising or calling yourself a music therapist, I can see no legal restrictions. If you wanted to qualify as a provider under NDIS it looks to me like you would need to be a registered music therapist with the Australian Music Therapy Association. Personally I have no interest in trying to make money out of any of this sort of stuff. I am a strong advocate of genuine voluntary peer to peer support due to the way such a support group helped me get my life together many years ago.

Regards

Willy

Did you draw up that diagram @Willy ?

I like it.

Re money.  I feel detached about it.  I am living with more security and ability to choose than ever before.  My tastes are mostly simple or I am good at wangling things to enjoy things I like with minimal expense.  Earning money from music therapy in mental health is a possibility, but I do not feel it is my goal.  Musos can get used in the community too, so sometimes payment is a way of acknowledging time, skill and effort.  Personally, I am not comfortable marketing myself, but one day may get around to doing a website. ha ha ... Many other fields pay better for the level of skill.  Eg plumbing and computing.  

Music therapy in a mental health environment would be best when it was not crisis situation, and as a vehicle to enable people to share social/musical experience with others to break down fear of "the other", which is a frequent visitor in MH scenarios  I am not so much about working one on one eg in aged care to bring out feelings and memories through listening to music, (which is one clinical model) or working with severe physical disability, but more about making music or moving to music, singing, drumming, band or ensemble, whatever.

A lot would depend on the individual people in the room.  What skills they have and specific music they like.

There has been lot of fragmentation in society and music does help connect spirit hear and mind to body and people to each other ... when they are not fighting about which singer, style or group is the best ... lol ... maybe its me just being hippy la la frou frou ... I cannot believe how impassioned and opinionated people are about music.  I just want to do it all.  Probably none of it very good, but what the heck is all the perfectionist and competitive crap for ... does it make people happy? I like harmony ...

anyway thats a bit of it.

Meditation ... Done it on and off since 1980s.  Sometimes I have too much mental noise, pain or agitation and cannot really do it, but often it has been a great coping tool for me.

Never into gurus ... meditation, cult, or rock, pop or movie stars.

Sorry you got burned.  I would look periodically at different groups etc, but in the end the only staying factor was music ... for me.  Still I do not carry on about conductors etc I just think it is dumb. People get all sorts of crushes.  Met lots musos one way or another.  They are all human. I prefer the ones who know it.

I did have a "crush" or transference on a psychiatrist once 1987-92 but he betrayed me through inaction and his mixed loyalties and was out of his depth and not knowing his own prejudices. Dont really think he earned his money now.  It made things tougher for my children than they needed to be.

Been researching mental illness stuff all my life.  

@Appleblossom 

The diagram. Yea I sometimes do stuff like that. It helps me get my head around ideas.

"They" say that music goes straight to the heart and bypasses the intellect. 

I had an interesting musical experience many years ago. I went to an evening of  harmonic chanting, also known as overtone singing at Monsalvat. There was a core group of maybe 8 people - call then the choir. The rest of us, maybe 20 or 30 people,  all sat around on cushions and joined in when instructed to do so. It was quite beautiful and I floated out the door on cloud 9 at the end of the evening. The next day I went to work as usual but about mid morning I got hit with a full on psychotic episode after a very minor issue with work colleague that I normally got on well with. 

By that stage of my life I had developed enough coping skills to deal with it but I was very lucky not to have finished up being hospitalized. Over the next 48 hours it slowly passed. I can't see that it could have been caused by anything other than the music. Powerful stuff!

My current psych, who I regard quite favourably experiments with mediation type stuff from time to time. I told her about the harmonic chanting episode. It didn't seem to register with her. I don't think she really knows a lot about this sort of stuff. I have warned her a couple of times to be carefull. 

Some years later I met the guy who had run the harmonic chanting session. We played a bit of "alternative" music together. I didn't mention the psychotic episode. 

I only remember his first name but I think this is the same guy. It looks like he is now living in the US

Harmonic chanting- Steven Evans 

Regards

Willy 

@Willy 

I do not actually believe that saying.

"They" say that music goes straight to the heart and bypasses the intellect. 

It can happen to a limited degree but it is a body mind split which I think can be unhelpful.

From what I can gather, the human endeavour is to integrate experience and body, heart and mind.

Music is powerful in that it can enable that integration.

I am dreadfully nerdy and distinguish between the biological heart and the feelings or heart metaphor. 

Aspects of the voluntary and involuntary nervous system are also involved.

Practice of music can help people get into a zone ... which is often soothing and relaxing and may seem like people are not using their minds, but cognition and intellectual engagement is happening whether it be picking out chords or notes on a fretboard.  Holding onto a drum, deciding where to breathe or articulating sounds in the vocal tract.

The issue of psychotic breaks or episodes is huge and therefore mental health music groups would need access to support for participants.  Even with that support it would be cheaper to run than the current overfocus on medical models.

I have had 2 big triggers this month.  Managing them, but I even used the phrase to my counsellor, that 'I did not want to have a psychotic break'.  I no longer have much faith in her as she is too aggressive and not sufficiently mindful or reflective of her own practice. I am giving her one more session to pull a bunny out of a hat, or I will stop working with her.

Feeling on the edge of a psychotic break myself is not that common for me, (definite psychotic break when I was 17 and had a mix of 2 drugs (antibiotics and LSD). I have witnessed psychotic breaks in others.  Now I reflect on my early illicit drug use as a "protective factor" believe it or not.  The LSD enabled opening of the mind, the other stuff, giving me some sedation necessary due to the traumaload from childhood.  Was reading Kubla Khan and early neuroscience in Scientific American at the time.  I like that you put the prescribed and illicit drugs into the one group in your diagram.  Probably one reason I was experimental cos I was unconsciously curious about the pills they gave to my dad, which I saw on the kitchen table.  I am interested and amused by the current resurgence of interest in a more clinical manner of various substances.  I warned you I am very nerdy. I stopped all the illicit stuff around 21, knew people in the sciences who discussed things intelligently. I was reluctant to go on depression meds as I was breast feeding, so put them off for 15 years. I agreed to go on meds some years after my 3rd child was done feeding.  I was very responsible about what could be transmitted biologically and made sure the father puffed away OUTSIDE not in the house with the kids.  The marriage was such a complicated balls up I was worse than psychotic a lot of the time, borderline catatonic, but still cooking, cleaning and chauffeuring if that makes sense.  For a while I wondered if my experience was induced by the earlier drugs but now I do not think that.  My traumaload was more than sufficient.  I doubt I would have been able to calm down from hypervigilance when meditating without my brain having the prior experience of sedation, not mentioning details.  

"Safety" is a big recent buzzword.  I get upset about organisations making promises they cannot keep or do not fully understand.  Eg long term use of many meds is NOT safe.  I understand the desire to protect themselves from lawsuits. 

I suspect the answer is somewhere in the middle where there is space for people to process their own psychotic episodes with support and engagement with the process.  There are often answers for the individual in the psychotic experience.  It is complicated.

The rise of mental health issues in society to me is somewhat related to the fragmentation of social connections and community, and music is a powerful medium.  I also think it needs management with care, which is why I was pleased to have interest from MIND, but then disappointed when they gave the young fella with innovative and collaborative mindset the flick and did a major reshuffle prematurely giving up their permanent physical home, which might have just been about to come to fruition in its work.  Yes I know management and KPIs rule. However some things take time.

PS I love Montsalvat, went there since a child.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania