Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

kjm
Casual Contributor

Schizophrenia Awareness Week 2020!

Hi all, 

From Sunday 17 to Sunday 24 May, One Door will be hosting their annual symposium for Schizophrenia Awareness Week online! Smiley Very Happy

The theme for this year's event is "stay connected". In a time where physical distance has been essential, raising awareness about mental health and fostering connection and inclusion has never felt more relevant.

Attendees will share ideas, bust myths, and promote help-seeking for all those affected by schizophrenia in the community. Join in to raise awareness and be inspired as they explore new ways to Stay Connected.

Tickets are free so if you'd like to check it out, click here - https://events.humanitix.com/schizophrenia-awareness-week-2020?c=newsletter 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Schizophrenia Awareness Week 2020!

@kjm so this won't be on the forums will it, or?

If so can we ask about Schizophrenia, for those like me who vaguely know but don't know everything (although I'm sure it varies from person to person)? I hope I don't sound ignorant not knowing much about it. I feel so sorry for anyone that has Schizophrenia or any type of it, etc

Hi @Former-Member !

This event will not be on the Forums. 

It is being streamed through Zoom so you can watch from the comfort of your home Smiley Happy

This event is all about raising awareness about Schizophrenia so if you're keen to know a bit more, I'd check out the lecture list here https://events.humanitix.com/schizophrenia-awareness-week-2020/tickets Smiley Very Happy

@kjm I don't have Zoom and don't really want to join it so no big deal, thanks though

Dr Hoffer cured short term schizophrenia (can't deny proof medical facts!).

Kind reagrds,

Garren

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania