Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Lauz
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // Motivation // Tues 14 Aug, 7pm AEDT

LE Topic Tuesday banner.jpg

With the results in from our community poll: What topics would you like to see most for Topic Tuesday - it looks like we will be talking all things Motivation and your mental health! How do we find motiviation in our day to day and what are our challenges and successes? Our inspirations and our obstacles? Let's explore together. 

Want to receive an email reminder on the night? Hit the 'Like' button below.

I'm new here - what is Topic Tuesday?

Topic Tuesday runs from 7pm - 9pm AEST monthly. Each month we focus on a different topic, with the session facilitated by a Community Manager or Moderator. Sometimes Topic Tuesday will feature a special guest, who is an expert in the topic.

The first post of the thread (this one) will give you an idea of what the topic is and what will be covered.

How do I get involved?

Topic Tuesday takes place right here! It's text based, so no software is needed. During the session, to keep up with the latest posts hit the 'refresh' button on your browser for the latest posts (it doesn't automatically update). Keep an eye for page numbers at the top & bottom of the page, and jump to the highest page number for the most recent post.

Throughout the session, the facilitator will put questions out for you to answer, usually asking for your own experience on the topic. To contribute to the session, just hit the 'reply' button and share your thoughts. No answers are right or wrong and everyone is welcome to get involved.

If you have any questions about how to use the Forums, check out our Guides

109 REPLIES 109

Re: Topic Tuesday // Motivation // Tues 14 Aug, 7pm AEDT

Special shout out to those members who liked the post to be reminded of tonight’s discussion: @Moi @Nicsane @Adge @lolliepop @MoonGal @BlueBay @Wes @Andra @Teej @MadDon @Raeven @CheerBear @eth @Mae88 @frog @Tarnia @Bonjour87 @Clo1 @BelJ @Gpro

yes you can.jpg

Tonight, we are talking about motivation. We will share thoughts on what motivation means to us, the feelings around a lack of motivation and approaches to improve our motivation. Getting motivated is an everyday challenge for most, however when partnered with managing a mental illness, we can find it harder to cultivate on a day to day basis and this can impact seemingly smaller tasks. I am sure as we go through tonight’s’ discussion we will find this is quite a shared struggle.

To kick off our discussion tonight, I'd love to hear what motivation means to you and what brought you to this Topic Tuesday?

Hi motivation having the drive to do something

Hi and welcome @Pepsimax - thanks for sharing!

@Lauz I struggle A LOT with low motivation

Thanks @Lauz

Motivation sounds like a really useful topic to discuss, & to share experiences of.

I often want the motivation to come from outside, or from other people - when really it has to come from inside (from myself).

Adge

I know the feeling @Pepsimax! Welcome @Adge, that's a really great insight. It can be so easy to hope that someone else will help drive or push us to do what we hope to achieve - is that the feeling you are talking about?

Hi @Lauz I struggle and have no motivation at the moment 

Hey @BlueBay - great to have you here tonight. You have been motivated enough to get involved in this discussion so don't underestimate that, small wins count!

Motivation: Having the energy and enthusiasm to engage with life and achieve our goals 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania