Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.

Re: Christmas/New Year

Thanks so much for letting us know @Zoe7! Love the thread name too 🙂

Hope you are well and life is being kind to you ❤️

Hey @Shaz51,

Always lovely to see you on here in the Forums. Hope you are well and the day in being kind to you ❤️ 

This is exactly what I need. I'm not sure which of my children I will see on ChristmasDay., things are rather fragmented at the moment. The idea of having a Christmas chat room to remove even 1% of the feeling of loneliness is amazing.

I struggle with Christmas too, but try really hard to make it magical for my daughter. We have family over for lunch and then everyone, including my daughter leaves- she goes to her fathers for the afternoon. So I’m sure I’ll be around in the afternoon to chat…. Or maybe I’ll nap!

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Hope0011 ❤️ Sending lots of hugs. Welcome to the forums and I hope you find the thread a supportive space in the lead up to a tough time ❤️ 

Thanks for the warm welcome. 

I'm glad this thread started early.  My feelings about Xmas are complicated. Any of our family celebrations have been fraught for as long as I can remember - certainly since I moved out at 21 - and I acknowledge but regret my failings in that regard. I'm currently negotiating this year's arrangements. It's a hurdle and it hurts, but I'm trying. Xmas to me exemplifies the mind-body-spirit split. Thank goodness for the music. 

@BobP , @Anna223 , @Judi9877 , @ButterflyWings , @maddison , @Hope0011 , @hanami , @Former-Member 

I will reply to this with 💚❤️🎄🔔📯 but not feeling it this year and not wanting to be with anyone. Might go put the tree up to try to cheer my husband and I up...dunno what good it would do. Sorry....

Thankyou @Shaz51 👍🌲

@ButterflyWings I feel the same this year! I don't have any interest. Hope you are ok.

Mental Health Council of Tasmania