Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

ItsMe19
New Contributor

Want to turn my back on him

I’m really struggling with a sibling with schizophrenia. He are adament they are not sick and that it’s the government controlling the doctors to give this diagnosis. 

When medicated it’s a lot better, he still believes his delusions but he can control the irrational behaviour. 

He went of his meds and relapsed dramatically 

his back on them but I think he needs to be hospitalised because they aren’t working. 

But his refusing to go back for treatment. I know his going to end up dead on the path his going. 

This has been ongoing for 5 years now, constant relapsing, hospitals and the stupid bloody stories! I can’t deal with it anymore!! I’m so done! 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Want to turn my back on him

I sympathise. Get help, get more help, it's too big for one person or even a family working together. Maybe there is a longer acting medication? Doctors will know. That may help to stabelise. Do what you can but then go & live your life. You deserve your own life too.

Sending love @ItsMe19 Heart Sounds like a challenging situation Smiley Sad Please make sure you're looking after yourself amongst this, and I hope things improve!

@ItsMe19 Are you feeling any better about things?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania