Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Depression

I'm not sure to be honest @Shaz51 

But I did have a headache (migraine) last night and they say that can be a symptom of depression. I just have a very low mood- it might to do with my recent surgery. I'm booked in to see GP tomorrow late in the afternoon- I am not sure what to say to her. Its hard to explain how you're feeling and to articulate what is happening. How do you think I could talk to the GP about this? 

Hi @Meowmy 

Thank you for your post. I think stress is a huge one for depression & anxiety. How old are you now? Do you mind me asking what a psychotic breakdown is? Have you been in hospital B4?

What has helped you deal with the depression & anxiety??

@oceangirl I am fifty. Psychotic breakdown is when a person very confused and not making sense. Dealing with depression and anxiety, I think expressing emotions is important. To make connections very important too.The forum helps me a great deal. Exercises, music, reading all help. 

@Meowmy  I am so sorry you had to experience this- and I am glad you're managing better now. All the things you mention is something that I find helpful and gives relief too. My biggest help is interacting, taking action and sport and I forgot my fur babies. My babies have helped me the most and the lovely people here.

@oceangirl  Sorry to hear you feel low. I am feeling low this morning too. Although I usually feel a bit low in the mornings and get better throughout the day. I know my low mood is due to my realization of my tru situation. If you had recent surgery, it may bring on feelings of some helplessness as physical inconvenience can make us feel vulnerable. Hope you feel better.

Have a good day.

@oceangirl @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope  hello everyone. My depression has come back. Feeling very low and hopeless. Now sitting near the garden , listening to the birds feel a bit better. May be watch some funny videos . Wish you all a great day. Hope to talk soon ,in better spirits.

Sorry @Meowmy  I had not responded sooner but I know we have spoke on other threads. I hope as the day progressed you started to feel better.

Hi again @Faith-and-Hope 

I just worry about my brother being under a lot of stress. Business & family

All good F&H @Faith-and-Hope 

I'm just a little sister that worries about my youngest brother.He is just takes care everyone and doesn't think about himself.He has taken out a loan for my niece and her husband is building them a house. I think its a lot to take on and worry about all the responsibilties he has and I would hate to see him burn out because he works so hard. 

It is something to worry about @oceangirl , but apart from expressing those concerns to him, you can’t actualky govern his choices.  That is the issue we have with mr.f&h ..... until he sees an issue with what he is doing, he will just go full steam ahead.

What is important for you at the moment is to concentrate on your own recovery, and try not to worry overly about things you can’t control beyond your own circumstances.  Things often turn out rather well despite all our worry, so try to engage some hope that all will be well, and deal with the reality in the moment if it doesn’t go to plan.  We can spend a lot of time worrying over things that never eventuate, just trying to be prepared, and forget to be in the here and now.

Goodnight ..... I hoe you sleep well 💐💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania