Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Good morning @Zoe7 @Appleblossom @Adge @CheerBear @Exoplanet @outlander @Sophia1 @Shaz51 .  Hope today is starting gently.

Goodmorning @eth @greenpea Up early myself but need to have another sleep soon before I get up and ready for DBT. Hope you both have a good day Heart

Heart @Zoe7  sleep tight x

Morning @eth @greenpea @Zoe7 @Appleblossom @Mazarita @Exoplanet  and all passing through 

Hi @outlander  How are you?

hi @eth sorry it took me so long, i had to go let someone in the paddock gates to do some work on the property.

Im not so great, feel pretty horrid mentally and physically. was hoping that a new day would help but it hasnt really and i caused me to stumble on my words already this morning. will proabably get in trouble with the paddock owners for giving crappy directions. Maybe the day will get better though.

how have you been? what are you up to today?

Hope today improves for you @outlander .  I've had a roller coaster of nervous reactions (including a few panics) over the last 12 days since most of the clan here left for a month overseas.  I've raved about it already here so won't go on about it.  Just to say I'm being triggered by sil's brother next door misbehaving.  Which has me hypervigilant more than I would have been if just here by myself with the dog.  So I'm running a baseline of anxiety that means I get triggered more easily by other things too.  Just taking one day at a time.  They don't get back til May 14.

Have a support worker for 5 hours today.  We'll bus it to and from my psychologist appointment then head to target to pick up some new shelves.  I've been spruicing up my cabin with the advantage of more storage space so I'm feeling good about that.  Will also do some gardening while she's here to come next door to the vegie garden with me (in case boofhead next door is around).  Then if there's time we might go to the beach for some ocean breeze and a more distant horizon.  Even tho I don't swim in the cold water here I find it good for MH to even sit at the beach.

How are you coping with school holidays and your siblings this time?

ive been able to read a little bit of whats been happening with sils brother but i havent been online much so ive missed lots. baseline anxiety and triggered easily isnt a nice way to be! @eth
sprucing up your cabin sounds nice though, i like being able to decorate too. i hope youll get to do the things you want to do with SW today esp the gardening with her support.

i agree, i dont swim either but i like to sit at the beach sometimes. i dont go often though because most of the beaches around here have dogs all on them which while its nice for them its not good for me or for the kids who just want to play in the sand without having dogs running up to them. for me to go to a beach where theres guarenteed no dog i have to travel an hr away.
my mother hasnt worked over the holidays much so i havent had the kids as much as i usually would. however by the looks of it she might be getting a new job which with the shifts she and he bf will have im going to have even more resposnibilities with the kids including some sleepovers or late nights at their place. its making it abit hard to organise appts esp since there will be a few at some hospitals

Sounds like now's the time to do some 'just for you' activities @outlander  and make the most of the time until you have to spend more time babysitting.  Ever since we met I've thought it really unfair how much you have to sacrifice to essentially mother your siblings.  Hoping what's coming up with hospitals is not too serious and you get through it well.  And that you don't have to miss too many appointments.   I think you do an excellent job of all that you juggle.

thanks @eth
with pop being back from his holidays but working at a third job during that time it didnt give me much of a break. helped with abit of bills though and was good experience esp during the times i was working with disabled kids so i cant complain to much. If mum gets the job (she will hear back within the coming days) i wont have much time except myabe through the school hrs if i havent filled that with appts.

my new psychiatrist which i havent been brave enough to ring yet is in a hospital sort of setting-she takes outpatients but works in the hospital if that makes sense. the other one womens issues and checking to see what is happening with cervical cell changes (which is the scary part) along with checking to see if i may have endometriosis or pcos or something else but they refferred me to the hospital for it since they are the only ones who offer services through medicare/public system. quite a few triggers and discomfort there but id rather find out whats happening now.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania