Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Good morning everyone.  It's quiet here so far today.  Hope it's started nicely and rolls on without stress.

@Mazarita @CheerBear @greenpea@Shaz51@outlander@Zoe7@Appleblossom @Exoplanet @TAB and anyone else around here today.

I have a day at home today and just a few domestic chores and the exercise bike calling me - so I'm around for a while now if anyone feels like a chat.

@Former-Member  Wondering if Topic Tuesday happened last night and how it's possible to always be notified when it's coming up and what it's going to be about.  Thanks.

Hi @eth,

We did indeed have topic tuesday this week in the Carers side of the forums - it's here if you want to take a look!

The upcoming Topic Tuesdays are always listed in the Community Wraps that go up at the beginning of each month and we also post the event up in the banner on the homepage of the forums the Friday before the event. For a reminder just hit the 'support' button on a Topic Tuesday event and you will be tagged when the event starts on the night 😊

Yesterday I told another support worker about how much the article I read has brought up for me.  I was kinda full of it and it overflowed.  My psychologist cancelled for yesterday and I'd been counting on talking with her about it.  Have to wait til next wednesday now.  Anyway this support worker really listened and asked some good questions and really seemed to empathise when I spoke about the details of what happened to me and the actions of the police in both cases.  She was very supportive, if somewhat shocked.

After we went to the big shopping complex we went in search of the coastal lagoon I'd wanted to explore, the aboriginal women's place.  Except almost as soon as I turned maps on on my phone and tried to read it I got hit with sudden and full-on car sickness - strong nausea and dizziness.  She was driving.  I said keep going it'll probably go away.  Haven't had car sickness like that for decades.  So we muddled around and eventually found the place, but I was too sick to even get out of the car.  At one stage I said fancy coming here just to vomit and leave again!  But I managed not to.  So we just went home an hour early.  I was still feeling pretty crook so told her she could go 1/2 hr early and lay down and slept for 1 1/2 hrs.  Still a bit crook when I woke up.

Thinking about it today I wonder about it - it seems surreal to me that I would get so sick so suddenly and not be able to visit the place and explore.  Wondering if I just wasn't meant to go there.  Just adventuring onto bush trails I'd not been on before brought up a lot of memories from times in my  past, particularly when I was pretty involved in the lives of two elderly aboriginal women and their title claim business.  Some of you know the longer version of that chapter in my life.  

Lots to think about today, to say the least.

Take care all.

That's my rave for today.

Thanks @Lauz  Looks like one I'd really like to have joined in on.  I've been having panic attacks for years now and would like to help my support people know what to do when it happens.  So I'll read through it.  And keep an eye on community wraps.  I was looking for TT in special events.

Do you have to use the support button for every individual tt to get a reminder or is there a list of people who want a reminder every time it's on?

I can see I was tagged on Jan 4th but I'm certain I never had a notification of that tag.

just fell out of bed here @eth ok not quite literally. Havent been paid again. for 2nd of 2 days worked this year. It must be deliberate. Have complained. Loudly.Again.Already. l o l Hope your day's ok and me getting zero pay instead of correct pay 2 weeks in a row has just given me complete license to do absolutely nothing on next job at least. ok a few days. Not playing anymore and not bothered lol I'll just smile at whatever they tell me to do I wont be doing much tho except trying to make sure i get paid

Hi @TAB  it does really sound like you need a bit of a break from whatever sort of work it is that you've been doing.  I'm imagining some sort of trade work.  Going along and not doing the work sounds like it could backfire on you.  Just sayin'.

Tho' I do understand how frustrating it must be not getting paid when you expect to be.  Makes it pretty hard to budget for anything, let alone just pay the rent.

Hi @eth yes 'some sort of trade work' well there's ways and there's ways and not getting anything much from them recently and dont care if never get any more work from them, just need a few days pay, Happy to go and work for the opposition again lol

@TAB previous post edited

it's absolute survival here atm @eth re rent, thanks for reminding me. Not kidding.

Sorry to hear that @TAB.  Hope your pay comes through today.

Good morning @greenpea  How are you today?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania