Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Yeah thanks @outlander , I hope so too.  Some scans in the past, the technicians have asked me to go in with him to try to calm him down.  Hopefully wont need to today.  I need to calm me down first!  

Hope your window repairer arrives soon. 

Sherry 🌺💜

I hope he will be alright too @Former-Member
How long before you have to leave?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Couple of hours yet @outlander .  But I need to start encouraging him to drink 2 litres of water in another hour or so.

Sherry 

Ah i see @Former-Member
Are you able to redt abit while your waiting
Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes hopefully I will be able to @outlander as the series of scans take a while.

I just got a return email from my psych.  She wants me to postpone my apt on Friday.  

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? @Former-Member
Was she unable to get the gp on board with sedatives?

All the very best with those scans @Former-Member 

I'm having an ultrasound on my neck tomorrow.

I didn't sleep last night either.

I'mthinking of you.

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh @outlander  ... I honestly dont know!  A bit of both I think, some relief and some disappointment.  I just want it done, but perhaps now isnt the ideal time. But at the same time, there will never be an ideal time.  The other thing is that I have not been able to get an apt to see my GP until after Friday and my psych thinks I need that stronger sedation given my current state of trauma and hyperarousal.  The other reason she gave me is that I have so much going on with hubbys apts etc that I simply cannot afford to go down right now or be too unwell myself. Her arguments are sound.  She told me to let her know once I had cancelled my Fri apt, and also to let her know when I have made an apt with my GP.  She is writing again to my GP as well.

Hi and thanks to you too @Adge .  Sorry you didnt sleep either.

Sherry 💕

Your psych is very caring @Former-Member she does make some good points though i know you just want it over and done with too. Hopefully you can see your gp soon, they agree to sedatives and the next appt for this wont be to far away as im aware the waiting game can be just as hard.
No your right i dont think theres ever really a 'right' time it will always be tricky and uncomfortable. Im very much dreading april for these reasons too.
Its so hard trying to balance out mh and physical health esp when we have others relying on us too

Good luck for tomorrow @Adge hope it goes ok for you too

Just popping in to say hello between lectures @Former-Member  @outlander  @Lauz  @Adge  .... hugs to the sleepless ones 💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania