Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

fingers crossed for you @Scarecrowe

I get up 4 times a night due to my kidney disease stage 4 and I have one kidney

see you tomorrow HeartHeart

I am so sorry to hear about your kidney disease @Shaz51. I send you lots of love and hugs.  I cannot imagine what you are going through.  I hope your night is not too rough for you.  

Please take care.

Until next time.    xxxxx

Good night to you and everyone out there!!!!!  Hoping you all have pleasant dreams!!!!

xxxxxx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes @Scarecrowe,

took an anti inflammatory for my ‘mondayitis’ and got over it LOL 

Usually kicks in mid morning after my second cup of tea

Did you have to work today?

What hobbiessdo you like?

hope you do sleep well tonight 😴

Good morning forumites
I am leaving my grandparents today. It was really nice to see them before I head OS.
Hope you all have a good day today
Former-Member
Not applicable

35D9D392-5C75-46E9-AA2A-3D7110FE21D5.gifHow’s everyone this morning?

Whats the weather like your way?

Whats on the agenda?

I woke feeling lighter 🤸‍♂️👀

- that’s always a good thing lol😁

Bit ovecast here 🌥

- see clutter about, no sunshine

- listening to doves and starlings, and the neighbourhood cat meowing for food 

- touching warm fluffy pup snug beside me, and the usual sore back supported by soft chair and feet comfy on footstool

- smell the soft musk tones from last nights insence, and the dog could do with a bath

- taste wonderful sips of my fav hot cup of EB Tea 😁 Ahh BLISS!

Today I have a bit of

- washing

- cleaning up to do

- rental inspection for new place. 

Have a a good day forum family 🌸💕

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Flying_Hams 

OS ? overseas? Exciting 😃

Where ya off to? Will you be having a ‘White Christmas?’

Hi @Former-Member  glad to hear the anti inflammatory kicked in to help with the 'mondayitis' lol.  I need to get some of them lol.  

Yes I work usually Mon-Fri.  As it is xmas I am at the moment.  Hours have been cut back so some weeks I was only working 4 days per week which is not great as the shift is only 3.5 hours.  For a number of years I was doing at least 23hrs per week but this year things have gone to between 10-17hrs per week, which is not good when you live on your own and three quarters of your pay goes on rent.   But it is what it is.

I enjoy watching sport (cricket, car racing i.e. supercars and formula one, and AFL in that order...go Blues!!!!).  I like reading, writing, watching movies, playing computer games and hanging out with my two nieces and nephew.  When I can afford it I like doing jigsaw puzzles and tapestry.  I also enjoy royal british and french royal history and ancient egyptian royal history and greek mythology.   And when I get the chance (which is not that often as I don't drive) I love sitting on a beach and chilling out.  I would love to travel more (been overseas 3 times) but money just does not allow that anymore sadly.

So that is enough about me lol  what interests/hobbies do you have @Former-Member???

Hi @Former-Member 👋 hope you hsve a nice day. ❤️

Former-Member
Not applicable

Wow @Scarecrowe, you have such a full life experience: family and hobbies - from cars to tapestry (how’s that?). AND work 4-5days a week.

75% on Rent, OUCH!

They say we should BUDGET:

- 30% housing

- 30% living

- 30% saving

But know that’s not practical.

I asked your hobbies to try match you with some people here but brain not working atm lol Maybe @TAB @Bill16 

i like movies too, some tv series like criminal minds or House or Monk

Creativity is failing lately re depression but I use to love

🎵 music (piano, vocal, guitar

/    Sewing (quilting)

✍🏼 writing (short stories / journals)

i just looked at a dingy granny flat for $250. I haven’t rented for 20yrs so it feels like a real step backwards. Hoping they will let me have a dog in something better, with a/c and pets allowed. But house sitting for parents for now 

@ Thank you @BlueBay - has your day been good? 

Hey @Former-Member

not sure if you know that I’m back in hospital. I’ve done something to my shoulder it’s terribly sore. Might need extra pain relief tonight. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania