Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Feeling very inadequate @Former-Member. I can only do my best, which I try to do.

Not sure how long the training goes for. I’ll check info that’s been given to us in case I’ve missed that.

You must be sick of medical appointments @Former-Member . At least Friday is something for you. 

A crafty day today. 👍👍👍 Did your drills arrive from overseas? I know you were waiting to finish one? I hope you can recharge a bit, rest ect.

Heavy fog here today. Not overly cold though. Front later in the week, -2.

Gosh @CheerBear . 6 mths is not a long time. The change is quite remarkable. I hope you can celebrate where you are today. We just don’t know what is ahead. But look at you. Doing so much. Coping. And sooooo much more.

Big feelings in a little body is so hard @CheerBear  Both for you and Middle, and no doubt, Big and Little also. I hope the baking tastes delicious. 👍👍👍

Pain levels are annoying today @CheerBear . But it is a good feeling, and easier to work with now. After removing the rose bush, my fingers were swollen for day, some I couldn’t even bend, not that bad so far today, it will be a slow one.

Yea for Doc Martens. You will be getting plenty of wear now the weather is cooler. I’m in the ugg boots atm. Warm and ugggly.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @CheerBear @Maggie 

Yes @Maggie the missing drills did finally arrive. They were for the DP I posted to the craft thread a week or more ago. The walking by the lake on a rainy night one.

I know its natural to feel inadequate sometimes. When all we have to give someone are words typed on a page. But @Maggie you use those words very well, and you put heart and genuine feeling into your responses. You dont have to be/do anything different to what you have been/done before your name turned purple. You got the job because you were already doing what was required in the job.

Sherry 💕

Thanks @Former-Member  You might not realise how much I needed to hear that today. 💜💜

I re read your post, and realised you said it was a new DP. I know you are enjoying doing them. I hope we get to see it once finished. 💚💚💚

Sorry for the magic disappearing act again 😐 It's becoming a thing for me. Hoping it's just getting used to the juggle (I say that about a gazillion times a day these days :face_with_rolling_eyes:).

Sorry to hear you have the inadequate feelings @Maggie. Honestly, I feel it still, often. @Former-Member said it all so well ❤ I'll echo that.

Glad it's easier to work with the pain today but it's really sucky that you experience it at all. Hope the slow day and the uggs feel good. I have borrowed unicorn boot slippers from sibling as I left mine in the country accidentally. Love em 🦄😁

Hope today has good in it for both/all. Catchya later ❤❤❤

❤️ @Maggie  .... I agree with @Former-Member @CheerBear ..... you're already doing it well.

💕

💕 @outlander 

@CheerBear  Never any need to apologise for disappearing. You have so much on your mind, and to be done, it’s great you are here at all. Always appreciated, but never any pressure.

I’ll get over myself as far as the CG , I got twisted comparing me with others and responses. The never good enough gremlins are alive and well. One foot in front of the other for now.

I think you have gig today??? Not sure if it’s the same as last week, or if this is the weekly roster now. If it is, it’s a bet easier for you today, I hope so anyway.

Unicorn slippers @CheerBear  😍😍😍🦄🦄🦄🌈🌈🌈😀😀

I did some +stitch yesterday, and might do the same today. The paint order is taking time to get moving, so lots of other people out there are doing arty stuff by the sound of it. Plus the post is all over the place, it is in Tassie anyway, that stretch of water causes problems.

Lots of theses💜💙💚💚💞💜💙 nearly forgot the coffee 😩😩😩

@Former-Member  Morning tea for you if/when you are up.

I hope you managed some DP yesterday, and some rest. Not sure if today is more appointments, but guessing it is. Hoping it goes well.💜💜💜

@Faith-and-Hope  Thankyou. 💞💞💞🌻🌻🌻

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania