Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Story and where to from here.. (very personal)

Your trip has come around really quickly @Flying_Hams I am so excited for you but will definitely miss seeing you around here. I look forward to you coming back and us hearing all about your trip though - I'm sure you will take lots of photos and look forward to seeing them also.

How ws your time spent with your grandparents yesterday?

hello @Flying_Hams

not sure when you are leaving for overseas...please let me know just before so that I can wish you all the best...

am not too active on here for a while...

take care

Sophia

I will miss seeing the forumites too @Zoe7
But I will have plenty of pics to share.
It was good thanks. Cousins and aunt here today for lunch, good to see them as well.

@Sophia1 I leave Thursday morning

Good morning
@outlander @Shaz51 @soul @utopia @TAB @Ant7 @Adge @Zoe7 @eudemonism @Sophia1

I leave my grandparents today. Was good to see them before I leave for my trip.

I have begun to separate the two things. This trip. Then next year. Rather than view them as one giant leap, they are two small steps.

They are both something I am ready for.

My anxiety and depression will play about, but be that as it may. I will be holidaying and sightseeing, soaking up the local environment so to speak.

I am only really anxious about my friends place. But I figured I will buy the family a present for letting me stay there. Good impressions this way 🙂

I believe that the best way to cope with anxious and depressive episodes is to look deep within yourself. Find a truth about yourself and have that as a wellspring of happiness, joy and perhaps most importantly a foundation of security.

I'm at peace with myself on a deeper level. On the surface I am anxious. And this is okay. Deep down I am secure.

Way to go @Flying_Hams - enjoy, experience, live.

Your personal insight and strength is so apparent to us all here @Flying_Hams and you seem to be exercises a higher level of self-belief as the days go on - so happy for you buddy. You are definitely heading off on a great adventure and I can't wait to hear all about it when you return. Very proud of the man you are and the way you are approaching both this intial trip to NYC and the subsequent extended stay to Poland - you got this buddy Smiley Very Happy

👍 @Flying_Hams at work sorry

Glad to hear you are secure @Flying_Hams

Though I am anxious. I am secured
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania