Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Tay
Senior Contributor

Easier said than done

My motivation is so low I don't shower everyday - I'm on antidepressants which have worked but I think the COVID 19 has given me permission not to care about myself. I'm agoraphobic so not being able to leave my home legally has made me feel safe. As the restrictions are lifting I'm scared. 

The worst part of this is I know and have strategies to cope - but lack of motivation means I won't use them.

I'm anxious, stressed, tired and angry with myself - however I remember one saying that helps me at times - 

Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Easier said than done

Hi @Tay ...sorry you're feeling like this.

I hear you when you say you're scared about restrictions being eased. I am too. My agoraphobia has got worse also, and it's taking extra work to leave the house.

I'm wondering if your antidepressants might need adjusting by a doctor, due to your lack of motivation? What do you think?

@Tay  I remember reading and liking that quote.

I’m sorry things are so hard for you, and corona virus has made things worse.

I was wondering if you could do one small thing each day. I know it’s a struggle when motivation is low, but sometimes at the end of the day, that one small thing really makes a difference.

Take care.💜💜

Hi @NatureLover  💜💜

@Tay  I wondered if this conversation might help you. Knowing others are finding things hard often helps us get through some tough times. May Community Wrap! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania