Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

Indeed @Appleblossom
I believe there is still hope on the horizon

So I got an email about one of the things I wrote. Apparently they didn't like it. Or at least that's what I seem to gather from their email. It's good that they've given me a heap of advice and points of clarification but I sometimes find that it's hard to take that stuff on board when it feels like I've put a lot of effort into something but then only to be given criticism and such. Maybe it's a pride thing?

Anyway. It's food for thought either way.

I got into something else which is a bit related to this but at the same time different. Apparently it was good enough then?

I'm sorry I'm being really vague. I don't want to say too much because of anonymity. But anyway. I'll leave it there.

are you meaning you got an email from here? @MDT or for something else offline? sorry im abit confused

No @outlander not from here.
From my colleague

Sorry

oh ok @MDT makes sense
i get what you mean about critisim but sometimes its hard to hear or sometimes its just to much critism

hopefully the something else you mentioned works out for youn though

Hopefully @outlander
@Zoe7 is right about patience though. My problem with patience is that I spent a lot of time while studying and not working. So it's a barrier. I spoke to my psych too about all of it. It takes on a trauma role sometimes all this work stuff

You too @MDT 

You too @MDT just had walk here that’s a start
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania