Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

HopefulWarrior
Senior Contributor

what's 1 thing your grateful for?

this morning I woke up, after a much needed sleep, drawn to feeling such gratitude for social media and this forum to be able to connect with ppl "who get it"

it got me thinking that when living with mental health distrubances gratitude (positivity on any level) can sometimes feel very out of reach. 

so i want to invite others to share one, or two or even three things they are grateful for  - something's that;s made you smile

no pressure - keep it simple - might be the softness of your bed pillow,  hearing the birds in the trees etc....  know one of mine later will be that delicious warm smooth creamy coffee 🙂

50 REPLIES 50

Re: what's 1 thing your grateful for?

@HopefulWarrior  Welcome.

Thats a lovely post to read first things in the morning.

Definately coffee for me. Especially the first and second in the morning. 👍👍👍👍

Good morning @HopefulWarrior,

This morning I am feeling very greatful for the love and support given to me by my ex husband right now. 

I hope your day is a peaceful one 

Great thread, thank you, @HopefulWarrior !

I'm so grateful for the roof over my head. I'm at risk of homelessness so I never take it for granted. Actually I think that anyone can become homeless, through bad luck or illness or whatever. But especially in this cold wet weather I am grateful, and I worry about all the homeless people.

Hi @HopefulWarrior,

Great idea to start the day with being grateful. I'm grateful for a roof over my head, my 3 beautiful kids, my mum, dad and step mum and my friends.😊

@HopefulWarrior  Great thread HopefulWarrior uummmm .... not in any order but here are some living in Australia, my children, my ex, my pet,  my 3 coffees every morning, having a roof over my head ..... the list goes on :Dxxx

yes @NatureLover so true! having a safe space to call your own is something not be taken for granted. very good reminder.

all your posts this morning have made me smile - thank you!

Im truely grateful for my children daughter (turning 23 tomorrow)  son (turned 21 end of march)

After my back surgery (just b4 I turned 16) doctors told me I might find it hard to conceive or go a full term pregnancy.

I fell pregnate while on the pill 3 yrs later. Then again 2 yrs later. Both were very relaxed pregnancy's & both extremely quick & easy natural labours. (45min & 30min) no epidural..& little babies.  my mum was not happy, I was a difficult & very painful big baby & she hoped for some pay back lol (Sorry mum)

Being a single mum it wasn't always easy. I've many health issues, over come addictions, have an extremely dysfunctional family, chosen the wrong pathway a few times, never claimed or received child support (no point when dad is in & out of jail so often, but we have a really good friendship & he does support when I ask or he sees me struggle (when he is around) but nothing continusly but that's a whole other story)

Anyway I haven't always done the right thing with my own life but I would & have sacrificed a lot for my babies.

& yes they have seen me struggle & at times witnessed my wrong choices but they have always known that I will do everything in my power to help them reach their potential.

When they need me I'm there. I help them fight their battles & wipe their tears no matter how old they get. 

Having them saved me from myself. I can be pretty self destructive at times. I've gained strength & learned so much more about life being a mum.

We've struggled financially, sometimes emotionally but they have both grown to be intelligent, compassionate, beautiful independent young adults with strong morals who also inspire me .

Everything about them today reminds me that even though I've taken a wrong turn here & there or made a few wrong choices, & with my recent ordeal with trying to learn how to deal & express my raw emotions.... I did not fail as a mum.

They truely remind me that they are the most brilliant accomplishment of my life. I am greatful for them.

hi @Pseudo  can hear that have overcome many challenges through your life, and that your children have been and continue to be lights in your life! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania