Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Will send up a few extras for you and yours Bro.

Take care @Determined 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Thanks @Former-Member much appreciated. 

I just got an opportunity to tell darling mum is coming in the morning and she actually happy. That takes a big load off to be able to relax tonight and hopefully get some rest. 

Morning all,

@Former-Member  all quiet on the home front. I actually managed a decent sleep and have woken feeling rested. I have my mum at home to help out and the boys are above average compliant considering it is the first day back at school after holidays so able to relax and concentrate at Uni.  I am still feeling mildly anxious and resentful however so a good opportunity to work on some emotional resilience strategies. 

@nashy 

Here is where I usually share about the trials and successes in supporting my family.

The people here have been a invaluable support since I landed here in the middle of a crisis. 

@Former-Member  today went better than expected.

After my fretting about arranging a 'minder' for darling and how she was going to respond she actually really enjoyed my mum's company and is going to ask herself if mum can come again tomorrow as she is worried about being alone.  This is a big step for darling to verbally admit this and take a positive step to manage it. 

🙂 That's very good to hear @Determined.

Thanks @Smc 

Still quite anxious and worried but at least darling has some insight at the moment. This makes a big difference. 

Continuing to remember you and yours @Determined .

Thanks @Former-Member,  all quiet here atm. Thinking of you and Mr D also. 

Darling had my mum and sister keep her company again for the day which was good, nice to see her smiling when I arrived home and I was able to focus at work. Unfortunatly it doesn't last for long but at least she gets a small reprieve from her thoughts for how ever long that lasts.

We are going to visit FIL tomorrow, still in out of town hospital with some form of viral infection.  

Whether or not mum would be prepared to do a routine weekly visit while you are out might be something to consider @Determined . Limiting the time might help prevent them wearing each other out. Would there be anyone else you might know who you could ask to visit Darling +/- FIL, even once fortnightly?  I know that friendships are difficult for our loved ones.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania