Skip to main content
The Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) is a member based peak body. We represent and promote the interests of community managed mental health services and have a strong commitment to enabling better access and outcomes for every Tasmanian.
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Self care- walking and cycling

images (37).jpeg

Or cycling.Or cycling.

Have been going on a daily walk with Mr Darcy + hound for the last couple of weeks as hound will no longer go on her own with Mr D. Can't say I am enjoying it as I am completely unfit, but am finding the walk just a little bit easier.

Feeling like a long walk would be most beneficial this afternoon to burn off some anxious energy but have injured my ankle and not confident to go too far atm. It has improved on yesterday but don't want to overdo things too soon and set things back. 

Training-A-Dog-Best-Demotivational-Posters.jpg

Finally got out on the bike this morning.  

😵

Screenshot_20190216-065843_Samsung Health.jpg

@Determined  at 5 am???

Saw on the news this week how exercising early in day vs later on was heaps better for you. images (4).jpeg

6am in QLD @Former-Member  I'm not that keen lo ol.

I have found out that when I can exercise early in the day my day is more productive. 

Just need to be able to do it and not be so washed out after. From previous that should only take a week or two.

We are planning on working up to a 20km loop 5 days a week that when we get our fitness back should take the same time.

Darlings bike is stuck in top gear (lack of use... I need to strip it and clean/ oil moving parts)  and my cough was a bit of an anchor this morning. Pleased with the start though. 

Screenshot_20190221-062244_Samsung Health.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Council of Tasmania